Titanium Backup and Thunderbolt

mjforte

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to restore backups from Titanium Backup onto a different phone than the apps were backed up from? I have the Droid now and probably getting the Thunderbolt, and assuming we still have root when its released, i'd like to be able to restore apps with data, mostly the games so I don't have to start over on them. Is this possible if I put the SD card from my Droid in the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

banderbe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you're able to restore backups from Titanium Backup onto a different phone than the apps were backed up from? I have the Droid now and probably getting the Thunderbolt, and assuming we still have root when its released, i'd like to be able to restore apps with data, mostly the games so I don't have to start over on them. Is this possible if I put the SD card from my Droid in the Thunderbolt?

Since all the apps run in the Dalvik virtual machine, it doesn't matter what phone you have.

The only thing that might matter is if you were going from your Droid 1 running Gingerbread and you had some app that was written using the very latest SDK and then you got the TBolt which comes with Froyo and tried to restore that app. It would not run. It might not even install at all.

Of course that's a pretty unlikely scenario so I think you should be just fine restoring apps to your new Tbolt. That's what I'll be doing.

Also it's probably easier to just copy your Droid SD card to your PC and copy that back to your new TBolt. Pulling SD cards seems like a pain to me.

Last edited:
OP
M

mjforte

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured it probably wouldn't be a problem doing so. Now all we need is the Thunderbolt to actually be released!