Titainium backup

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Will titainium backup my contacts too?? Or just my apps??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will titainium backup my contacts too?? Or just my apps??

Apps and data. Your contacts are backed up for you in gmail. Remember, it's a Google phone.

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
I know but that's seemingly not working for me.. I've tried several times... so titainium will backup all my contacts??

AlexSB

Reaction score
Nope it will not back up your contacts, your email that you use to activate the phone backs up your contacts, the contacts under the sync option does that.

Honestly your gmail also backs up apps, so I see titanium backup more as an app to freeze bloatware.

Liberated Droid II

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out why you can't get contacts to sync with Google. You should check some of your settings to make sure you have contacts syncing both ways, and not just from gmail to phone. If you can't get it to work you can us TiBu to back up your contacts. But when you go to restore, make sure you restore data only. Contacts is a system app, and if you try to restore the app and data over system app in a new rom you can run into problems.

But, you should exhaust all attempts tosync contacts with Google. There just isn't any reason why you can't get it to work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Well I was trying backupassistant from verizon and even wen I clicked on the settings for it it rebooted my fone... but just macking sure titainium would backup my contacts?? Likee all of them?? No google needed for the titainium contacts backup??

dasanman69

Reaction score
If you're rooted get mybackup root and you can backup practically your entire phone. Contacts, SMS, call log, apps + data, etc…

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any of these will backup contacts, or any other app. That's not the problem. The potential problem comes from backing up a system app on one rom, and then trying to restore that system app in a different rom. It will cause problems, plain and simple.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

rivaaaa253

Reaction score
Well I restored the stock system so like its okayy.. I just neeeeeeeed to back up my contacts that's all I really care about I know all my apps r gone just the contacts I NEED