Tired of waiting for Nexus, Thinking Razr may be good option.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Don't give up! Save yourself for that special phone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Rezound is better than the razr but I played with one for a while again today and felt the same as before. Those saying it doesn't lag are either not being forthcoming or...aren't observant. Still has that laggy sense ui feel that all sense phones have. Its just not zippy. Notification bar comes down slow. .screen transitions are just not fast to me.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

I dunno maaaaan. I used sense on my brand new rezound and it seemed poppy enough for me. it might not be as snappy as the RAZR, but it gets alot of tasks done with ease. transitions are cool, but not the deal break. Apps open QUICK. Thats the important thing. I waited about 1.5 more seconds on the RAZR to open the camera. Ok, maybe not that long, but the rezound opened quicker. The picture quality is objective. Some people like rezound pics, some people like RAZR pics. In any case, both take great pics.

J

JohnDroid

Now might be a good time to point out how lucky we are to be customers of Verizon -- and to have so many great Android phones available for us to choose from. Unlike some other carriers ;)

bsmith0731

Reaction score
How would you know which is better if you haven't owned them both. You fan boys keep saying you've played with them both. The razr and the rezound.

Owning and playing are two different experiences.

Everyone has different opinions and views. Verizon gives you a return deadline for a reason. To try it out and to see how you like it.

sent from my Droid RAZR. 1st android after almost 4 years with apple.

cp24eva

Reaction score
How would you know which is better if you haven't owned them both. You fan boys keep saying you've played with them both. The razr and the rezound.

Everyone has different opinions and views. Verizon gives you a return deadline for a reason. To try it out and to see how you like it.

Lets be real...the RAZR is just a improved slim Bionic. I'd say if you haven't owned the bionic then yes, you might have a valid point. But the RAZR is just pretty much what people where expecting the Bionic to be. Same Motoblur. Slightly better screen. better cam, thinner build, same data drops (well, less put still happens) stuff still disappears according to a few folks. Quit calling people fanboys. Some people like to be called 'i know what is working for me right now' boys.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol. I'm a fan of technology. Period .....moto and HTC...where's the greatness? Same stuff they have been putting out. And no....I don't have to OWN it to know. If that were the case I would've owned an iPhone

cp24eva

Reaction score
Lol. I'm a fan of technology. Period .....moto and HTC...where's the greatness? Same stuff they have been putting out. And no....I don't have to OWN it to know. If that were the case I would've owned an iPhone

I've own an iphone...many iphones. Good phones, but I like the pizzaz and flexibility of android. Would be better if they could ever fix the fragmentation.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I was bored during my lunch break and also stopped by the Vzw store. I got some more hands-on time with the Razr and I was not impressed by this phone AT ALL. It just seems like the Bionic all over again, minus all the gremlin bugs I suppose. Display, I didn't like. All the white colors appear blue/green color. Overall the screen has a blue tint which ruins the display. Build quality is nice. Camera was actually decent. Gallery, total crap. Not sure what happened here but scrolling/zooming in the gallery is very choppy, as it's been reported by other users.

Now the Rezound on the other hand, wow! If there was no Nexus in the pipelines this would have already been my phone. The display is gorgeous. I love the build, love the red buttons, really not much I didn't like about this phone. If I had one complaint, it would be Sense. Just not really a fan of the UI. The camera...phenomenal. The clarity it pics up in macro pics is amazing. The shutter speed is very fast. If the Nexus is almost as good as this I'd be happy. Things I didn't like, the power and volume buttons; hard to hit sometimes. I don't know, I'm really love this phone.

Must. Wait. For. Nexus

cp24eva

Reaction score
It's good in the store. Great when you own it. Every phone has a different experience when you own it for a while. My rezound experience has been a great one. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm just happy it has a native screen shot function. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd like to hear the logic of a demo not being as good as a take home. They take a new one out of a box and activate it and put it on display. The most people really do is take pictures....or browse. Its the same hardware and bloatware you get on a new take home. Please explain exactly how it is subpar

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Everyone wants to know about battery life camera and the screen.

You can't tell if it takes good pictures or videos in the store. They certainly won't let you take it outside to take some pics. Everything looks good in the store.

9 times out of 10 you are so anxious to get a phone your judgement is clouded.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

You bring up a good point, most of us own completely different phones and only have had a few minutes of hands-on time.

Then again each user is different as well. Example: I love my Incredible, except for the horrible battery life. This would be a dealbreaker for many and not a fair judgement on a phone.

People just want others opinions so we give it to them. Whether they take them to heart is up to them, we're just giving our experiences.

I see you have a Razr, and I checked it out in store. Great phone, though the screen is disappointing to me. It had a green tint to it and it wasn't as sharp as my Incredible. Would you agree? Probably not, but that's how I feel. Owning a phone is a subjective matter and sometimes it's just one or two key points that may sway someone's decision and that could be the extra info they need to getting it. The opinions of others may not be useful to you, but they may be to other users.

As for the returning the phone, there is a $35 restocking fee I believe. So if you're not happy with it, you're trialing it for $35. It does give the user better hands-on experience, though I personally think it would take more than 14 days to decide whether you are truly happy with the phone or not.

Last edited: