tired of this phone. losing my mind

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My wife listens to Pandora in the car on her bionic and it's awful. Hearing the crackle and CD skipping sound on it.
Other streaming music sounds perfect though, so I think it's just a problem with the Pandora app. LOVE having flacs on my google music.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The other times that its heard is when using an apple specific accessory in an Android product... Pinout mismatch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
My wife listens to Pandora in the car on her bionic and it's awful. Hearing the crackle and CD skipping sound on it.
Other streaming music sounds perfect though, so I think it's just a problem with the Pandora app. LOVE having flacs on my google music.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

That's because you have initial buffer in coming from Pandora and slinging it bt to the radio... Same occasional issues experienced sub in bt headset... Other sounds fine when your eliminate a double buffer scenario.

OP
D
Reaction score
i bought the phone at best buy, and as for throwing it was a meer hard lay down so dont flame me for that altspeed. i have many other electronics i take care of very well. just got mad cause several problems that i wanted to replace ipod with but cant.

i use stock music player but wanted to use pandora to listen to new artist.
i tried two different aux cables for pandora and bith still have same static sound.

ill just have to live with it

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Try cleaning out the radio jack with alcohol and a pipe cleaner mate!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i bought the phone at best buy, and as for throwing it was a meer hard lay down so dont flame me for that altspeed. i have many other electronics i take care of very well. just got mad cause several problems that i wanted to replace ipod with but cant.

i tried two different aux cables for pandora and bith still have same static sound.

If you bought it at best buy, then they could very well exchange it, especially if you bought their black tie protection plan.

---
Rezounded from my .... Rezound.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra

In spite of the fact that I wasn't the only one unable to decipher from your original post that you bought it at Best Buy, I'll apologize. As far as the difference between "threw" and "hard lay down", that's subjective, one man's throw is another man's lay down, and I never critiqued that part. I've thrown phones before, albeit never with a good result :-/ I had pandora on my D1 for a month or so and was never thrilled with the audio quality which is why I don't have it on my bionic. Slacker (premium) on the other hand (at least in my experience) has excellent audio quality, but almost every time I search for an artist or song that I'm really craving (gotta...hear it....NOW!), skinny puppy for example, I find that the version or specific track I want to hear I want to hear is "unlicensed", so I guess everything has some issue. The alcohol/pipe cleaner is a real good suggestion, but don't use isopropyl, it leaves a capacitant residue when it dries and could actually make the crackling worse. If you have access to it trichlorethane, carbon tetrachloride, or methyl ethyl ketone (all variations of mechanical tuner cleaner for old school TV channel changers) are the best contact cleaners, followed my ethanol or methanol. You can also scrub the male part of the audio plug with a plain lead pencil eraser. They (the erasers) are slightly abrasive and expose brand new metal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Another very nice and valuable post with accurate information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
D
Reaction score
the cable is fine cause when i use the stock player it sounds perfect but when i use pandora, thats where the static is at or crackle. i havent tried slacker yet. maybe it is a frequency thing like someone on here said. but im pretty sure i was using 3G when i was using pandora. no really need for 4g when 3g is good enough for streaming pandora.

Finally figured the stock player out. at first it sounded like it was muffled and really horrible. using the app labeled Music, i couldnt change EQ. i then tried app labeled My Music and was able to take surround off and everything worked fine there.

still mad about the bluetooth skipping though. fix for that was just to wait for another update i heard... you think there is a rom out now that can give bluetooth more power for better signal? Im not rooted or anything. pure stock

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
That's because you have initial buffer in coming from Pandora and slinging it bt to the radio... Same occasional issues experienced sub in bt headset... Other sounds fine when your eliminate a double buffer scenario.

Nope, we're using the car dock, so no need for bluetooth. It seems to happen with just the pandora app and just on 4g/3g. Streaming from google music or youtube or any other streaming service is skip-free. Also streaming pandora on wifi is skip-free too.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I used to have bluetooth streaming problems (cutting out for a second or two, once or twice a minute) if I had both BT and wifi turned on at the same time, but that was fixed for me in 901 and now 902 as well.

OP
D
Reaction score
I used to have bluetooth streaming problems (cutting out for a second or two, once or twice a minute) if I had both BT and wifi turned on at the same time, but that was fixed for me in 901 and now 902 as well.

I will have to try again. last time i probably had 3g on so i'll try it again today w/o 3g and make sure wifi is off.

OP
D
Reaction score
Just did a gym session with Bluetooth headphones. Data turned off, wifi off, music played just fine. Akward I'll keep trying it and see what happens.
Trying slacker later over aux in car.