1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tired of running hot, help me find a kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sniper_5, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

I've always used chevy's kernels up until I switched to ultimate Droid2.0, where I've been using Slayher's 1.6 kernels so I could run compcache. I settled at 1ghz since he doesn't have a kernel over that that my phone likes. The problem I've run into is now that I've disabled compcache I want to switch kernels because this one runs up and over 110 when surfing and other data intensive use. My chevy kernels never went over 104*. Suddenly my chevy 1ghz lv kernel me into boot loop, I'm a bit lost as to why because its never failed me before, so now I'm looking for other kernels to try outside of chevyno1 and Slayher. Any help is appreciated and links would be great. Thanks guys!

Sent from my DROID running UD2.0 @ 1Ghz
  2. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Yes, the 11/5 versions are different from the 9/23 versions, and I think I have his 1.1GHz ULV 8/1 kernel if you're interested.
  4. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

I can't run ulv at any speed but thanks. I'll have to try his updated kernels I think I have the one from his last update. I'm assuming the new update is the same one in SS4.9 which runs fine on my phone. I'll give that a shot.

5. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

The P3 125-1000 kernel seems to be doing well. Time will tell for sure though. Thanks guys.