Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried to Chat with them.. i set up everything and they said illegal parameters. guess i will just call them tonight..

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i posted my thoughts and feelings on Moto live chat. got Rhea, i feel like she had already been in this situation several times today lol

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried to Chat with them.. i set up everything and they said illegal parameters. guess i will just call them tonight..

Cool......

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i posted my thoughts and feelings on Moto live chat. got Rhea, i feel like she had already been in this situation several times today lol

Pretty sure she like.... "let me guess, you chatting about the preloaded apps right?"

akiles

Reaction score
You can remove ALL bloatware from a PC. Period. I've own MANY.
The "out of mind out of sight" mentality, just brings problems. Using the same pc analogy on a boataware ridden asus laptop running vista64 is going to take an extra 60secs of your boot time. And battery time as well for the pc runs full power at boot.

Not to mention many other concerns. Some stuff may not run at startup. May run as a process. Some other stuff may run as tasks, etc, etc, etc.

You'd be surprised of how fast a computer becomes after removing bloat just from boot. Just consider this: in the example above, 60secs faster at boot will save you 6hours. And that's just one application.

Don't know about you, but time for me is precious.

Unfortunately you cannot remove all bloataware from a phone. This increases boot time, decreases responsiveness and in most cases, if the app is running as a service, or in the background as a process it may use processing time. Example: my droid x use to give me 6hrs of batt time with little use. I installed a bloat-free rom, and I get almost 20hrs of batt time.

You can call msft and they'll ship you a cd/dvd for a nominal fee. As long as you have a valid (legally purchased) license, you are good to go.

On my PC, I have the option to clean install Windows. If they gave the option to clean install Android, we wouldn't have this problem.

You can "ignore" all you want, but I bet your pc sucks. Ignoring a problem is seldom the solution for anything. Now if you like the bloat, that's cool too.

Regards.

That's why you can't compare phones to PC's.

Nope. Most new PC's no longer ship with a windows installation disk. That option has gone the way of the dodo. You can still get one, it will cost you at least a few bucks, but it's just far easier to ignore it (which is what I've done, painlessly, on my new PC).

akiles

Reaction score
kodiak799 DOES have a valid point: I don't think this is not a motorola issue -this may be a VZW issue. I've owned an Eris, Incredible and currently on an X, and they all have the same CRAP on them.

We may be barking at the wrong guy here... just a thought.

And btw, the bloat on the Eris makes the phone slow to a crawl.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
VZW doesn't physically put it on. They advise Motorola to install it for them. Moto could have easily done what Apple did and said "Um no....sorry"

Darkseider

Reaction score
kodiak799 DOES have a valid point: I don't think this is not a motorola issue -this may be a VZW issue. I've owned an Eris, Incredible and currently on an X, and they all have the same CRAP on them.

We may be barking at the wrong guy here... just a thought.

And btw, the bloat on the Eris makes the phone slow to a crawl.

No we are NOT barking at the wrong people. Apple said NO to VZW bloat. Motorola has to do the same as does HTC, etc... Motorola is essentially telling VZW as is Samsung, HTC and LG that it is OK for you to bloat up my virgin OS with your trash. They manufacturers have to demand that VZW not load their products up with crap just like Apple did. The precedent has been set now.

Big Ry

Reaction score
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Hi
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: I just switched from a Droid 1 to a Droid 2
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: I noticed this new overlay that is called Motoblur
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: why is it on here? Its slowing down my device.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: and there are preloaded apps that i cannot delete, like Blockbuster and Need For Speed
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Sorry about that.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: May I know your name?
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Ryan
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: The device has twice the processing power of a Droid 1, but it runs SLOWER
chat_agent.png
Reymer: I apologize Ryan but we cannot delete preloaded applications from the phone.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Why are they even on there?
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Im not going to use my Droid 2 for playing games
chat_agent.png
Reymer: They were part of the phone's design.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: or even watching movies for that matter
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: well the Droid 1 didnt have any of this
chat_agent.png
Reymer: The Droid (original) also has preloaded applications.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: not a bunch of useless trials
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: I dont want them taking up storage
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: the new iPhone will NOT have any of this either
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Sorry but there is no way for us to delete that.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: I'm tempted to switch to that now...cause it wont be laggy and slow
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Ok, well please tell your higher-ups that this is rediculous and very frustrating
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: I loved my Droid 1, but my Droid 2 is making me angry because of all of this
chat_agent.png
Reymer: That's what I can do for now.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Whats what you can do?
chat_agent.png
Reymer: I will make sure this gets documented so we can raise your concern.
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Ok, good. Thank you.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: You're welcome.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Will there be anything else?
chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Can you please send me a copy of this?
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Okay.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: Is that all?

chat_enduser_message.png
ihate motoblur: Yes, thank you.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: You're welcome.
chat_agent.png
Reymer: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I'm definitely doing this tonight when I get home! I don't want the Bionic or the Xoom to have this crap on it.

As someone said earlier: they're putting more RAM and storage in the phones. Awesome, that means they'll be able to put more crap on it. They'll say to themselves "They're still getting the same ratio of free space, they won't notice".... BS

Big Ry

Reaction score
If they want to put bloatware on, fine...im sure theyre getting paid for it. but make it REMOVABLE. I'd be fine uninstalling a handful of apps right when I get a phone.

lizard

Reaction score
Its one thing for members of this forum to be complacent about something they know to be an issue, its entirely something else to actively step on and border on belittling the efforts of those, like PC747, who care enough to be the first to do something besides complain about something we can, if united, change. Never underestimate the power of tenacity. If you will not actively support the effort put forth in this thread then at least be quiet so as not to give the appearance of division among members of this forum. A lot of people do not like bloatware. A LOT! Thanks for doing me the favor of providing me with contact info PC. Ill be voicing my opinion soon and if you think it prudent to not stop here, id be willing to contact anyone else reasonably believed to make a difference. Thanks PC747 for starting this thread and thanks everyone who has taken the time to do their part. Maybe if someone develops a one click app to do it for them, some of these forum members might get involved.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love the "I hate motoblur". ....that is classic lol.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its one thing for members of this forum to be complacent about something they know to be an issue, its entirely something else to actively step on and border on belittling the efforts of those, like PC747, who care enough to be the first to do something besides complain about something we can, if united, change. Never underestimate the power of tenacity. If you will not actively support the effort put forth in this thread then at least be quiet so as not to give the appearance of division among members of this forum. A lot of people do not like bloatware. A LOT! Thanks for doing me the favor of providing me with contact info PC. Ill be voicing my opinion soon and if you think it prudent to not stop here, id be willing to contact anyone else reasonably believed to make a difference. Thanks PC747 for starting this thread and thanks everyone who has taken the time to do their part. Maybe if someone develops a one click app to do it for them, some of these forum members might get involved.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

Honestly I think people calling up and voicing their concern whether it be by phone or hitting up their live support chat is enough. Like I said its a business and motorola wants you to buy the bionic and the xoom. Its motorola's first 4g DROID device and first DROID tablet. Do you really think they want that to flop or even take the risk of flopping. The cat is out of the bag now that people have seen that apple do not have to have bloatware. I bet that is one of the questions on droid owners minds, how to remove bloat.
For the person who said it will stop I have proof that it actually increased. The droid one came preinstalled with the amazon mp3 app and we was willing to tolerate that as no big deal. Now we went from 1 app to almost a hand full. If we dont say anything your tablet and droid bionic will lag as much as your droid x. We pulled away from apple because we did not like apple dictating what we want. We do not need verizon doing the same thing. We all use our phone differently, which is why different roms appeal to different people, so just because I like a bunch of movie apps do not mean you will. Give me the option that is all we ask.