Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Jan 13, 2011.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    And all of that is completely irrelevant to the simple fact that VZW makes money off of bloatware and that makes your overall cost cheaper, somewhere in the chain, as a result.

And just because Apple is much bigger and has much more leverage does not mean they didn't give up something in exchange for no bloatware. Pretend otherwise all you want, it's not going to change a rather simple and obvious reality.

It's nothing more than the same concept as ad supported software applied to a different model.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    ah ok i apologize. i thought you were saying bloat should be removed completely. that'll never happen. i agree there should be a way to remove it, sure. but again, i doubt that'll happen either unless you root. the reason is simple, and it's money. they want someone to say "what the hell is this need for speed thing" and then check it out, hopefully enjoy it and then purchase it or purchase more apps from that dev. i know i'm telling you the obvious, but that really is what it is. no frills, no ulterior motives. it's pure money. and to them its a trade off for you getting that phone at a discounted rate. it's just how business works...

3. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Done. Spoke with Rhea in live chat and politely voiced my dislike and opinion as well and received an email transcript. Keep it going folks!

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    czerdrill and kodiak we understand your points and are not arguing. This is not about guaranteeing an end result. It's about actually doing something rather than complaining and arguing on a Android devoted forum.

Nobody is under the assumption that anything will come of it other than voicing their displeasure with it and letting the company know we do not want this. We want the option to uninstall the bloat

We get that you guys don't really care and feel it's pointless. We are not here to dispute that or tell you you are wrong. There are some, such as myself, who would rather do something rather than do nothing. We are not delusional enough to believe it will in fact change this business practice but if people do nothing it's a guarantee nothing will change.

You have no interest nor do you care and I totally respect that. I just ask that you respect those that do care and want to at least do something. Thats all we are doing here. Nothing more nothing less.

5. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    QFT

10 char

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Yes, you should. But Apple is much bigger than VZW, who is much bigger than the cell divisions of Moto, Samsung, HTC, etc...You can bark at them all you want, but none of them have the leverage to prevent VZW from putting bloatware on their phones.

Sure, everything is negotiable, but you're effectively asking them to pay VZW not to put bloatware on your phone, which isn't going to happen with VZW putting bloatware on all their phones to level the playing field.

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345

8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    If you want to yell and scream, complain to VZW because they're the one choosing to put bloatware in system apps where it can't be removed without root.

If VZW didn't install bloatware there, it could easily be removed like any other program. I can't really see mfrs putting the destructive power of removing system apps in the hands of the novice user.

9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Good job Darkseider!!

Rhea is scratching her head right about now lol I chatted with her as well

10. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    they probably figured it out that people are telling friends to express their feelings. The probably have a "complaints about bloatware" file.

11. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0

Haha, you say 256 on the D1 like that is a lot of ram, I have a D1 and lack of ram is the biggest problem I have. I am rooted and have removed bloatware, gone down to 3 homescreens with fewer widgets, enabled compcache, and still easily max out my ram (for instance doing tabbed browsing or multitasking with music playing in the background) and see the phone slow down as a result. More ram on newer phones will just be an excuse for them to add more bloat.

Yes I'm sure this bloatware probably helps VZW with some added revenue but where do we draw the line. Would it be acceptable if they added a permanent scrolling banner advertisement above the notification bar? What about if they added pop-up ads into to your launcher? What if when you buy your phone they sign you up for free trial accounts for blockbuster or other services and you have to opt out or start getting billed monthly? It is all just more software to make the phone cheaper for you but the price reduction isn't really free if they are degrading the user experience.

As a consumer it is all about choice and right now with Motorola you have no choice other than to live with the bloatware apps that they are including on their phones (unless you root your device). However now there is a competitor who allows you to choose no bloatware and has taken a stand giving us hope that maybe other manufacturers will follow suit and we can be rid of this annoyance, even if it is a minor one in your eyes. I think most everyone would agree that having the choice to uninstall apps (or not having unwanted apps preinstalled in the first place) is preferable to the current situation with bloatware that cannot be uninstalled. They have been getting away with it because there were no alternatives, hopefully thanks to competition we will see them work harder to please the customers and removing bloatware would be a good start.

12. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345

I see a scrolling banner advertisement in my notification bar and ill probably throw the phone at the vzw rep. Sorry CSR but it would be like an instant reaction that I would not be able to control....call it reflex. But seriously the new droid bionic notification bar actually have the room for that. Seriously who would not be mad to scroll the notification bar to check their message to see an advertisement of any kind.

Search tags for this page
android undeletable apps
delete undeletable apps android
how to delete undeletable apps android
how to delete undeletable apps from android

how to delete undeletable apps on android

how to delete undeletable songs from nokia x2-01
how to remove preloaded apps from mytouch 4g
mytouch 4g uninstall preloaded apps
remove undeletable apps android
undeletable apps on android