Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lost cause...... its only a lost cause if you sit on the computer and say whooa is me. Can I guarantee they will stop doing it. NO But i can assure that if we all voice our concerns that executives will take that into consideration because they depend upon their loyal fan base. I can see if we was calling to ask them to unlock the bootloader...but we are not we asking them to stop the bloat. And customers should not have to root to remove it. Those that own a newer droid, like myself, can tell you it is getting ridiculous. At least compromise and let us remove it after having the device for few days.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The point I think isn't so much that they put it on, its that it cannot be removed. Even on PC's you can remove all the bloat and it won't mess up the computer. If you remove some of the bloat from your phone it get screwed. That's the issue.

Ehhh, like I said, out of sight and out of mind. With ram and storage increasing, it really becomes less and less of an issue. There's bigger fish to fry, IMO.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't know how most others feel but i'd rather be on the battlefield fighting for what I believe in rather than sitting in the safety of my home saying it's pointless but thats just me : )

300 Spartans knowingly went to their death for what they believed in the least I can do is an online chat hahahaha

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just got off the chat line with Moto....ugh..not even worth posting a copy. Guy seemed confused as to what I was talking about and just said no updates on if the preloaded stuff can be removed. Was hoping for Caesar.....got Ronald.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The point I think isn't so much that they put it on, its that it cannot be removed. Even on PC's you can remove all the bloat and it won't mess up the computer. If you remove some of the bloat from your phone it get screwed. That's the issue.

Ehhh, like I said, out of sight and out of mind. With ram and storage increasing, it really becomes less and less of an issue. There's bigger fish to fry, IMO.

So with bigger ram, what is to keep them from loading it up with more junk. "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." We not asking people to make trouble by acting a fool at your vzw wireless store. First it was just blockbuster, then it became bing and vzw navigation app.....it is gonna keep on going just like they do with pc's. Also a apple macbook is twice the cost of a pc laptop, but you pay the same price for an iphone that you will pay for a droid. So you are not "making trouble" you are wanting to get the same value out of your droid that is on the iphone. In other words if apple stood up and said no to vzw, we are telling motorola we have your back to do the same thing.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just got off the chat line with Moto....ugh..not even worth posting a copy. Guy seemed confused as to what I was talking about and just said no updates on if the preloaded stuff can be removed. Was hoping for Caesar.....got Ronald.

Ronald McDonald.....yeah he had fries on the mind :D .

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know how most others feel but i'd rather be on the battlefield fighting for what I believe in rather than sitting in the safety of my home saying it's pointless but thats just me : )

Well, but reality, if I may make a comparison, is most people don't obsess over the background color of their task bar, especially when it's pretty easy to ignore and it's like it's not even there. I may be saying it's pointless but I'm also saying I don't really care.

If I could sit down with the execs and voice one concern, bloatware is not the battle I'd choose to fight.

It's more about control over your phone than bloatware. So implicit in saying "fight for what you believe in" is a willingness to make a pretty lousy compromise before the first shot is even fired. LOL

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On my PC, I have the option to clean install Windows. If they gave the option to clean install Android, we wouldn't have this problem.

That's why you can't compare phones to PC's.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So you are not "making trouble" you are wanting to get the same value out of your droid that is on the iphone. In other words if apple stood up and said no to vzw, we are telling motorola we have your back to do the same thing.

LOL, ram on the D1 is 256 and the new phones are 512, as much as 1 gig. I couldn't care less about a few megs of bloatware. Apologies if I have to file this under the "chicken little" category of concerns.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Well, but reality, if I may make a comparison, is most people don't obsess over the background color of their task bar, especially when it's pretty easy to ignore and it's like it's not even there. I may be saying it's pointless but I'm also saying I don't really care.

If I could sit down with the execs and voice one concern, bloatware is not the battle I'd choose to fight.
I get that (In bold)....which is why I said this thread is for people that DO care AND have voiced their displeasure with it (I'm guilty of this)

This subject and call to take action is a waste of time for you absolutely : )

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
On my PC, I have the option to clean install Windows. If they gave the option to clean install Android, we wouldn't have this problem.

Nope. Most new PC's no longer ship with a windows installation disk. That option has gone the way of the dodo. You can still get one, it will cost you at least a few bucks, but it's just far easier to ignore it (which is what I've done, painlessly, on my new PC).

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it it dont bother you that much than cool. But it is bugging the heck out of me..I am waiting for my email so I can join the motorola forum..... I am am wound up and am going ahead. In the end you are correct I probably will root my phone and have the option to remove it later. But this is not just for root users in fact their are a lot of members on our forum who dont want to root and dont want bloatware. In the end no matter what happens I can say I did what I could.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Nope. Most new PC's no longer ship with a windows installation disk. That option has gone the way of the dodo. You can still get one, it will cost you at least a few bucks, but it's just far easier to ignore it (which is what I've done, painlessly, on my new PC).

You can buy a pc with out preloaded junk from best buy. It will cost you a little more...or you CAN do it yourself but will take you time. I normally pay the extra 25 bucks for it to be done for me.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Great topic, we may be a small portion of all android users, but the rule of thumb in big business is for every 1 complaint there are 100,000 more people with the same complaint who aren't willing to call and voice it. Moto knows this. 150 complaints on the same day on the same thing is like 15 million complaints.

Kind of, I think you get my point, although my numbers are clearly made up, save the lectures. :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Give me any PC, and I can always easily nuke it and install Linux. I realize that's not for everyone, but that option always exists.

These devices should provide me with the same flexibility.