Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by guitarchris123, Mar 14, 2011.

1. WorldOfJohnboy

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings>Applications>Running Services

Locate your running app and click it, there are options to end it.

2. jdbaker82

jdbaker82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Simple solution for everyone complaining about Battery life

That is if you are over the age of 16 have your drivers license and work. Simply keep a car charger in your car and every time you drive to work in the morning/evening simply plug your Thunderbolt into the charger and waalaa never have to worry again! It's easier then buckling your seat belts! You do do that right?

3. lckyforme

lckyforme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a Pain

Yes, that's a solution, but it's really only a bandaid. Since this is my first Droid I have nothing to compare the battery life to except my BB. I can say it's a pain after charging for 6 hours, unplug it and when I get up, there is a big chunk missing from my battery charge!! Sorry, I'm not sure yet about the %. Needless to say it's charging again so I can really try it out with a full charge and see how long it lasts. This for me could be a deal breaker. I'm not a gamer, or HEAVY user, but I would like to just charge it daily.

4. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I have a charge at home, work, and in the car. I chare it whenever i can, but sometimes I go out and don't have a charger for the day. Needless to say I'm happy with the battery life on my TB.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

5. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed!

First off, I want to thank the OP for taking the time to post this because this provides people who are uninformed with many battery saving options.

But, I couldn't agree with you more on this Sleeve.

#41 Larry_ThaGr81, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a suggestion though.

25. Ultimate Juice is the paid version of Juice Defender, which activates a lot of battery saving automation features that Juice Defender is missing. If you can't or don't want to pay for Ultimate Juice, then Battery Fu is for you. It offers everything that you get with Ultimate Juice for free. I personally use Green Power, which is like the previously two talked about applications except I paid a $1.49 for the premium version of it after talking to the developer about somethings that made me have a little sympathy for the guy, to simply put it.

7. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

charging your battery for 6 hours and then unplugging it before you go to bed makes absolutely no sense at all,,wouldn't it make a little more sense to leave it plugged in and then you have a full charge when you get up ?

8. funkyb

funkyb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, the way modern charging systems work, you will likely have slightly less than a full charge if u leave it plugged in a few hours longer than necessary.

Also, remember the battery indicators are not perfectly linear. You may notice it change from ?0% to 80% faster than say, 50% to 40%.

9. lckyforme

lckyforme New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It ran down while I was loading some apps so I plugged it up. I read that it shouldn't over charge? Is that not right? The BB charged all night.

10. lorax12

lorax12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My 1st Full Day Results

Since thursday was not a full day result, Friday was the first time I tried to use the phone all day. Charged it over night, took it off charger about 8:00am. used it to do some texting, download some apps, played with phone, made a few calls, put it back on charger for about 1 hour, took the phone with me into the city, used maps, used a few other apps, friend played with the phone, said she wanted one, got stuck in traffic for about an hour, used the maps again, with GPS, went to her house for a while, the phone was just sitting on the table not being used. Drove home at about 11:00pm, battery was LOW (Kept saying "PLUG INTO CHARGER [you idiot]" (Bracketed text added by me). But I made it home, talking on the speakerphone in the car the whole way.)

over all, not unimpressed. I'm going from a primitive flip phone that would literally last ALL week on a single charge of it's 1000mAh batter, so this clearly will require more attention to charging than that!

I turned screen brightness down, and used task killer to keep the number of apps running to a minimum. Still not sure how to limit synching to a more reasonable interval (maybe 5 minutes), I am not a gamer, but I think the battery was adequate, not great. I'll probably end up getting the Seido battery that fits in the normal case, and just carrying an extra battery with me.

NOTES: I am around Boston, meaning 4G LTE all the time. I spend a part of my week in central NH, which has not 4G (but also has pretty weak coverage anyway, so mobile phones spend a lot of energy searching for towers, period) so I'll be able to compare results next weekend perhaps, of 4G vs. 3G use.

Again, final thoughts. Not overly impressed by battery life, but not panicking either. I like the phone so far, and with more battery optimization, maybe could get it to last 24 hours with minimal/moderate use.... that may be wishful thinking.

11. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I seriously think the battery will last longer when everyone just stops constantly gazing over it and mucking around with it constantly... ;)

12. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're going from a Fiesta to a Ferrari.
    You simply can't compare battery life on a "primative" flip to a full blown mini computer with 5 times the screen size and 100X the processing power.

You simply will not get 24 hours unless you get the bigger battery, and even then it's a maybe.

You don't need an app for task killing, it does it just fine on it's own. Task killer might be hurting performance.

Just gotta tweak some settings to get it to last longer, it'll never be like your old phone though.

Search tags for this page
how to extend battery life on htc thunderbolt
how to save battery life on htc thunderbolt
how to save battery life on thunderbolt
how to save battery on htc thunderbolt
htc thunderbolt battery life
htc thunderbolt battery life tips
htc thunderbolt battery tips
htc thunderbolt tips
save battery on thunderbolt

thunderbolt battery life