Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
good reading

Li-ion does not need to be fully charged, as is the case with lead acid, nor is it desirable to do so. In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because high voltages stresses the battery. Choosing a lower voltage threshold, or eliminating the saturation charge altogether, prolongs battery life but this reduces the runtime. Since the consumer market promotes maximum runtime, these chargers go for maximum capacity rather than extended service life.
Simple Guidelines for Charging Lithium-based Batteries

• A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.
  • Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.
  • Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.
  • Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.
  • Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.
  • Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.
  • Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I have had off charger since 1030am today made one call and using to reply here just been sitting in standby all day at 50%

I just rebooted my TB, was at 50%, booted up is at 42% LOL..

Last edited:
OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Of course. Not too worried though. All we need is a 1800 to 1900 battery that fits under the same hood.

Someone will come out with one, be missing out on a huge market if they didn't, just hope it's not too far away.

I highly doubt that they come out with a battery that size that will fit under the same back. If that was physically possible, Seidio would have made one that size to begin with, instead of a 1600. The size of battery that will fit under the same hood is just too small to have that much capacity.

I just went to store where got mine, manager used be neighbor, said if you want the 2700 bigger battery and back will be around $90, an you might get few more hours, so pretty much, have a charge cord wherever you go, my blackberry and my phones stay plugged in anytime I'm in the house, in the car, in the office, ford sync in my car so can stay in glove box while charging no need to see to talk on it, not allowed to text and drive so, why not keep on charger...the phone out perfoms all others almost so it's give and take I suppose, at least we aren't like a iPhone, if we need to hard boot, we can pull our batteries, they can't.

The 2750 HTC extended battery will be $50 whether you buy it from Verizon's or HTC's website, if you pay any more than that you are getting ripped off. They are probably out of stock (on back order) right now at most places that sell them though.

F

FlyFishinX2

Of course. Not too worried though. All we need is a 1800 to 1900 battery that fits under the same hood.

Someone will come out with one, be missing out on a huge market if they didn't, just hope it's not too far away.

I highly doubt that they come out with a battery that size that will fit under the same back. If that was physically possible, Seidio would have made one that size to begin with, instead of a 1600. The size of battery that will fit under the same hood is just too small to have that much capacity.

I just went to store where got mine, manager used be neighbor, said if you want the 2700 bigger battery and back will be around $90, an you might get few more hours, so pretty much, have a charge cord wherever you go, my blackberry and my phones stay plugged in anytime I'm in the house, in the car, in the office, ford sync in my car so can stay in glove box while charging no need to see to talk on it, not allowed to text and drive so, why not keep on charger...the phone out perfoms all others almost so it's give and take I suppose, at least we aren't like a iPhone, if we need to hard boot, we can pull our batteries, they can't.

The 2750 HTC extended battery will be $50 whether you buy it from Verizon's or HTC's website, if you pay any more than that you are getting ripped off. They are probably out of stock (on back order) right now at most places that sell them though.

I don't want that huge hump that comes with the 2750 battery but a little hump on my phone to get me to a full 24 hours on a single charge would be bearable. For now I'm living with the stock battery and hoping for one in the 1800 range that will get me where I want to be

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry but you said hump 1 too many times....[video=youtube;bY0xgRA_Sk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Omg that's just wrong!

Sent from my Rooted HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk Pro

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did it from my phone...didn't show the thumb nail.....AAAAAHHHHHH it's burned in my retinas.....

DroidStang

Reaction score
LMAO That is bizzare LOL Ok jump completed the bump charge....while was off, pull battery, now charging again see how does. I suppose to save battery if I expect no calls after 9 pm I should just shut off if not using.

Barry45RPM

Reaction score
That is if you are over the age of 16 have your drivers license and work. Simply keep a car charger in your car and every time you drive to work in the morning/evening simply plug your Thunderbolt into the charger and waalaa never have to worry again! It's easier then buckling your seat belts! You do do that right?

Not to nit-pick, but isn't the company's name Verizon WIRELESS? (as in NO wires?) Or have they simply brought back a smaller version of the Trimline Phone? :icon_ banana:

shaylinlea

Reaction score
I just got the "large" extended battery this Friday and I must say it's really not that big. Like others have mentioned it does feel nice when you hold it ..
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App