Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

AlexSB

Reaction score
I just completed the battery calibration and now that I turn my "phone back on and use normally" I noticed my battery was at 93% instead of 100% (HTC battery widget) is this normal?

Gonna be out in DC all day today I hope my battery will last.

This thread has been struck by THUNDER...lightning?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
JonKYu, I am having the same problem, JD crashes everytime I try to use

Yeah I don't know what's wrong, I just uninstalled it lol. I found yesterday that underclocking to 768mhz worked pretty well in saving some extra juice for all you rooted folks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mitchb2

Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen anything like this. I got up this morning and took my phone off the charger. Sent 2 text messages. 30 minutes later it was at 79%. That just can't be right. Battery usage says 25% of that was cell standby.

funkyb

Reaction score
The battery gauge seen after charging is not accurate. I'm not going to track down the link. Just Google --your battery gauge is lying to you, and it ain't such a bad thing-- what caused the drop was the fact that you were not at 100% when you unplugged.

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android.

mark3748

Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen anything like this. I got up this morning and took my phone off the charger. Sent 2 text messages. 30 minutes later it was at 79%. That just can't be right. Battery usage says 25% of that was cell standby.

go into the standby details. Does it show a large amount of time without signal?

androidgeek

Reaction score
I did the bump charge last night and it seems to have really helped. 6 hours of use so far off charge and sitting pretty @ 83%. Light to moderate use, screen @ 25%. I can live with that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Of course. Not too worried though. All we need is a 1800 to 1900 battery that fits under the same hood.

Someone will come out with one, be missing out on a huge market if they didn't, just hope it's not too far away.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I just went to store where got mine, manager used be neighbor, said if you want the 2700 bigger battery and back will be around $90, an you might get few more hours, so pretty much, have a charge cord wherever you go, my blackberry and my phones stay plugged in anytime I'm in the house, in the car, in the office, ford sync in my car so can stay in glove box while charging no need to see to talk on it, not allowed to text and drive so, why not keep on charger...the phone out perfoms all others almost so it's give and take I suppose, at least we aren't like a iPhone, if we need to hard boot, we can pull our batteries, they can't.

jessphotos

Reaction score
Extended battery charge time questions

Hello,

I hope I can find some help with a concern I have.

I have just purchased the extended battery and charged it over night for over 9 hours with the phone OFF. This morning, I forgot to look at the LED light to see whether if was green or orange. I assumed that after that many hours the battery would be completely charged. I turned ON the phone, and after the initial boot-up, the battery meter on the notification bar looked fully charged. I had the display set to 100% and GPS was ON. However, I have the battery widget on my screen. It also looked fully charged but when I tapped on it for more details, it showed 98%.

Is that OK? Is there a possibility that the phone didn't charge all the way? I quickly turned OFF my phone and came here to ask for recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jessica

Reaction score
yea

Hello,

I hope I can find some help with a concern I have.

I have just purchased the extended battery and charged it over night for over 9 hours with the phone OFF. This morning, I forgot to look at the LED light to see whether if was green or orange. I assumed that after that many hours the battery would be completely charged. I turned ON the phone, and after the initial boot-up, the battery meter on the notification bar looked fully charged. I had the display set to 100% and GPS was ON. However, I have the battery widget on my screen. It also looked fully charged but when I tapped on it for more details, it showed 98%.

Is that OK? Is there a possibility that the phone didn't charge all the way? I quickly turned OFF my phone and came here to ask for recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance!

Jessica

yea same thing happened to me the other day. I I charged it again the next night thought and it was at 100%. I'm streaming video, and watching slingbox and I have yet to see the battery go under 30%

jessphotos

Reaction score
Thank you! Did you continue using your phone then? Did you use up the battery before you charge it the second time?

Jessica