Tips on transferring data from SD card to G2

NWRULES

Reaction score
Going from RAZR Maxx to G2 in a few days and I'm wondering what the best way to transfer my data from the card to a non SD card phone like the G2. Thanks

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of suggestions in a link below. However, it depends on what you are calling "data". Media is easy using those methods but data associated with apps is not going to be simple unless both phones are rooted. Use a card reader to copy the data to your PC, then use something like AirDroid to transfer the contents to the new phone. If it's only what is on the microSD card everything should be fine but you could also use DropBox or Box.net.

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
I do have mybackup pro, but when I've done backups in the past, it just goes to the SD card. So, in theory you're saying I can do a backup on the SD card, then load that card onto my computer and go to AirDroid and pull that content back onto the phone remotely?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I do have mybackup pro, but when I've done backups in the past, it just goes to the SD card. So, in theory you're saying I can do a backup on the SD card, then load that card onto my computer and go to AirDroid and pull that content back onto the phone remotely?

Disclaimer: Root on both devices required. Use MyBackUp Pro to back up the apps and their associated data on your Maxx. On your G2 use MyBackUp Pro once just to create it's folder. Transfer the back-up folders to your PC from your Maxx then put them in the same folders on the G2. Make sure you note which folders go into the same folders. Specific location. If not when you do a restore back-up they won't show up on the G2. I have been passing around my app data from a few games now from several different devices. Other stuff like pics and music can just be transferred to your PC then from your PC to your G2 to their specific folders.

Astrix

Reaction score
Back Up
For back up apps/data, transfer back up to other device(s)..etc

I use Helium (No Root Required): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

As I never root my phone before, sorry :eek:

Edit
Note: Helium is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Helium will not work on those Androids.

TapaTalking from Republic™Of Android

Last edited: