Tips for good shots on Droid

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphtrent, Mar 22, 2010.

1. cisco0910

cisco0910 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as Farkin said clean lens, i always do that. Then i choose 5Mpixel and high quality. Steady hands, even after you here the click hold it still for another extra second. Plenty of light, nothing you can do about dark pix. Droid camera sucks with dark pics, pretty sure no work around for that.

2. broosewee

broosewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If we're getting into specifics, then take the picture when you exhale and don't inhale until one second after the 'click'. Yes, you will need to exercise to take pictures with the Droid because Droid Does and you should too! :) jk

Oh, I use the onscreen shutter cause the external button moves the camera too much sometimes.

3. Istus

Istus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those having issue with moving subjects (or shaky hands) you can change the "Scene Mode" to action which will give you a faster shutter speed. Play with the other scene modes in other environments which change the ISO and aperture as well as the shutter speed. I've been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions now.

:)

4. butch350

butch350 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YEP! (especially)

5. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the post
    So far, I have only taken pics indoors with semi decent lighting, nothing too bright, nothing too dark. But I thought the droid was capable of taking pictures in the dark, per droiddoes.com. I figured if that was the case, lighting should not be too much of an issue. I have seen better pics with my Samsung Omnia in the same lighting conditions. IM not complaining to the point where I will trash the droid because the camera is not as good as I hoped, its a phone, as long as I can make and receive calls outside of my house, that's what the purpose of a phone is. All the other bells and whistles are just that. But would I pay $200 for only a phone, hells no. The camera is so far the only thing lacking as a whole on the device. that is the only place my Omnia excels compared to the droid. I will play around with more settings and see how outdoor pics take.

Thanks,
    RalphTrent

6. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW really? I remember having to do that when i got my first DC 11 years ago. Is that still a goo tip?

7. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Outdoor pictures are very good, but indoors its a crapshoot. But definitely use the on-screen shutter button. Seems to be a faster response using that method.

8. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    I kept having problems with my camera until I took my case off(Body Glove)

Turns out the flash was getting bounced off the case and back into the lens screwing the pic up.