Tips for good shots on Droid

ralphtrent

Reaction score
Hi all
I did a search but could not find exactly what I was looking for. The pictures taken with my droid seem grainy and noisy. does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,
RalphTrent

Reaction score
Replace the stock camera app with something else. There are lots of camera apps in the market.

Anomander

Reaction score
The more light you can get on the subject the better the picture. It would be nice if we could play with the ISO settings on the camera. I think the problem there is that it defaults to a higher value then what it should be causing the grainy pictures. Every now and then I get a couple of good pictures. I was using Pro Zoom 5X with these ones.

jcardona1

Reaction score
use a different camera lol. seriously though, i hate the camera on this phone. its pitiful. the shutter speed is so slow that you can only shoot something that is completely still

broosewee

Reaction score
The camera improved drastically from 2.0 --> 2.0.1 and maybe more in 2.1.

Avoid the flash, steady hands, and copious amounts of light are your best bets. There's no magic to it. 3rd party camera apps do seem to improve it a little, but they're still working with the same crap hardware.

Reaction score
1st - Wipe off the lense it is always dirty.
2nd - Hold the phone still even for a few seconds after you take the picture

mantis5

Reaction score
Shoot at 3MP instead of 5MP. This may seem counterintuitive, but it makes good sense. You can read more about it here: megapixels vs Image sensor size

Lots of light, as has been mentioned.

The sensor is so small it is not going to make great pictures. In good light, though, I think it does a decent job.

cisco0910

Reaction score
as Farkin said clean lens, i always do that. Then i choose 5Mpixel and high quality. Steady hands, even after you here the click hold it still for another extra second. Plenty of light, nothing you can do about dark pix. Droid camera sucks with dark pics, pretty sure no work around for that.

broosewee

Reaction score
If we're getting into specifics, then take the picture when you exhale and don't inhale until one second after the 'click'. Yes, you will need to exercise to take pictures with the Droid because Droid Does and you should too! :) jk

Oh, I use the onscreen shutter cause the external button moves the camera too much sometimes.

Istus

Reaction score
For those having issue with moving subjects (or shaky hands) you can change the "Scene Mode" to action which will give you a faster shutter speed. Play with the other scene modes in other environments which change the ISO and aperture as well as the shutter speed. I've been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions now.

:)