[TIP]Videos on DROID/Milestone

crspang

Reaction score
What settings should I use? I've never ripped a movie and converted one before. I just bought District 9 and want to be able to watch it on my Droid tomorrow while I'm traveling. I bought the dvd.

ylomnstr

Reaction score
Am I missing something, or does this not have a drop down for the Droid?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great find RinTin. Thanks. I'm getting ready to redo all the computers on my network and was just debating what program to put for my video conversions (had been using handbrake and CloneDVD mobile). Looks like I can use this for both:icon_ banana:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
In my experience the XVID codec gives a far superior compression to quality ratio than DIVX and other codecs.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This program seems very useful, but I don't even know where to start with picking all the video and audio settings...someone needs to do a write-up of how to use this lol

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

andreg20

Reaction score
im having problems with this software. i have the dvd in and when i hit "open dvd" it does nothing. a small window saying "analysis" comes up but stays 0% for the last hr. what the hell...............

naman919

Reaction score
converted The Dark Knight last night.

the program took a 700Mb file and converted it to a 1.1Gb file. I knew it would increase but whoa. Oh well, that's what the SD card is intended for.

Works great, though the aspect ratio of TDK is crazy widescreen (21:9?) and still has thick black bars on the top and bottom. Not the program's fault, just THAT much to see in that flick! :)

If i get time, i'll make a walkthrough later this week. If anyone else beats me then congrats in advance.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
converted The Dark Knight last night.

the program took a 700Mb file and converted it to a 1.1Gb file. I knew it would increase but whoa. Oh well, that's what the SD card is intended for.

Works great, though the aspect ratio of TDK is crazy widescreen (21:9?) and still has thick black bars on the top and bottom. Not the program's fault, just THAT much to see in that flick! :)

If i get time, i'll make a walkthrough later this week. If anyone else beats me then congrats in advance.

You're better off pulling from the DVD or ISO file... You'll get MUCH better video and audio quality (and the screen format will be fixed)...

(and don't post back that you don't have the DVD as that would make your post seem that you support pirating :wink:, but on an UNRELATED NOTE: Redbox is GREAT, only $1 a night)