[TIP]Videos on DROID/Milestone

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Hey folks,

A problem mostly found in mobile device forums is: "How can i get my movies to the best format for my mobile device??" This is the gap where XMedia Recode jumps in! This programm, being free, and available both as install-version or mobile-app, brings thousands of profiles for mobile devices like the Moto Droid, iProducts or WindowsMobile phones. It's also available in the languages English, German, Italian, and Japanese.

The program itself exists for a long time now, but @Mobiflip presented it on his blog a time ago and i even didnt notice until today.

xmedia-recode-screenshot.jpg

Download 2.1.8.4 Install Version multilanguage
Download 2.1.8.4. Portable multilanguage

I've been testing the program now for an hour, and beside being a little slow on the conversion, the movie NOW looks great on my Milestone, without using 5 miles of papered settings!

RinTinTigger
via

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Excellent thanks for this post!

I have been using Handbrake for all my movie needs but hated fiddling with all the different settings to maximize how great it will look on my phone. I will have to try this one out!

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Excellent thanks for this post!

I have been using Handbrake for all my movie needs but hated fiddling with all the different settings to maximize how great it will look on my phone. I will have to try this one out!

That was my problem with SUPER as well. Playing myself through 1000 configs, some worked some not. but now....2 clicks. PLUS a portable app!

GREAT!:icon_ banana:

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
How does this compare with Handbrake? I've finally found the proper settings for HB, but it takes quite a while for the conversion and it ends up with larger file sizes than the original.

TIA

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Does this rip as well? I'm looking for something that will go right from my dvds to properly converted format. Handbrake converts but doesn't rip.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

AZDroid09

Reaction score
OK, thanks, I though I had seen something when I was downloading or installing handbrake that said I needed something else to rip. But I will give this new one a go, especially if it's easy....I like easy :D

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net