1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tip of the day: Speed up OG Droid Camera!!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Boxster986, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Boxster986

Boxster986 New Member

Transfer some of the pictures to a new folder to free up room. Make sure to make a backup of your folders before you try it.

It may work for you.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Boxster986

Boxster986 New Member

**update***

**UPDATE***

I need to play around with this a bit. While nothing "gets lost", the gallery seems to get kinda jumbled with the change.

I'll let you know if I have a trick to avoid that and I invite anyone to chime in who knows a better way.

To play it safe, before you do this or play around with the folders, MAKE SURE you do a backup of your DCIM folder to your PC.

-Boxster:blackdroid:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. Boxster986

Boxster986 New Member

Last post for now...

(Sorry for all the posts)

Weird... :dry:

I'm trying to figure you the whole camera file system and algorithm, I haven't encountered something like this before.

Seems to mess up the naming system and gallery folders.

Feel free to play around with it at your own risk.

Share your input if you're interested!
  4. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

I hope you figure it out. I have a ton of photos in my gallery from my camera.
  5. Boxster986

Boxster986 New Member

By a guess (or actually number even) how many pictures have you taken and kept in your phone?

I think my problem was that I was trigger happy and the phone got "gummy" as more and more pictures (5mp @ highest settings + geo-cache) came in.

Apparently, the droid has a bit of a mind of it's own when it comes to ordering and organizing its pictures. As a "fun" project, I have backed up my phones SD card. I'm going to start fresh. I formatted my card and I plan to keep all the pictures I took from before on my computer. I'll selectively transfer the pics I want on my phone back to the Droid into a new folder (a title is pending). It all works out because I have a rooted phone and I thought I'd throw the latest from CM onto it. 2 birds, one :motdroidhoriz:.

Anyway.

What did I learn??

-Too many pictures in the gallery makes Droid heavy and sad (=laggy between taking pictures)
    -Play with the folders and Droid :motdroidvert: DOES (whatever it wants:))

Hope my efforts help some of you!!!
  6. Rento

Rento New Member

Why don't you just dump all your photos onto your computer once you get a couple hundred or so pics taken... :icon_rolleyes:
  7. Boxster986

Boxster986 New Member

Because that would make too much sense :)

I thought it would be nice to keep them on the phone and manipulate their location on the phone from the phone. Apparently that's not possible(?).
  8. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

Same here.
    I wanted to keep them on the phone too so I could use them when I needed, not when I was hooked up to a computer. So I'm going to put some on my netbook at home. But some aren't hardly used or were taken and never used, so I'll put those on my netbook and/or flash drive. Keep my current and favorites on my phone.
Search tags for this page

og droid video camera glitch