Tip if you're on CM7-D2......

PTREE818

Reaction score
:reddroid:Yes Hello , Sooooo I just finished all my reg, backups and my nandroid backups. Set screens, blah blah blah, then as I was about to clockwork....
NIGHTLY Build #1 -is in already. So the warning is prob just backup and get ready to flash don't spend a lot of time setting up.:motdroidvert:

OP
PTREE818

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes Hello, well as I told u watch out ,u might not have 2, or u might want 2 ..ur choice. I spent a lot of time backing up build #1 and getting it where I wanted that I was a little purturbed about another Nightly so fast, so I took the easy way and flashed it on top of build #0, Drum Roll.......... It flashed w/ no looping.:gotmyvote:
Will prob install fresh tomorrow but am happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As the name implies, nightlies are going to be released fairly often but for the most part you should be able to flash them with only a wipe of cache. At least that's how I understand it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's correct, generally nightlies may be flashed w/out doing much more than wiping cache - I also wipe dalvik cache to be a little more clean.

Right now I don't believe there are any D2-specific differences in the nightlies from build 0 to 1, etc., as the Devs had to put things on hold while the ROM was going official, and I haven't seen any posts/comments on updates in the past couple of days. So you will get any "generic" CM7 changes/updates, but there isn't much happening on the D2-specific code at the moment.

Remember that nightlies are built by 'bot and at your own risk, and not guaranteed to boot/run. Nandroid backups are your friend. :)

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Here is a question. Since cm7 is 2.3.4 do I have to go back to 2.3.3 before restoring any of my backups from 2.3.3?

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!

havens1515

Reaction score
Here is a question. Since cm7 is 2.3.4 do I have to go back to 2.3.3 before restoring any of my backups from 2.3.3?

I was actually wondering the same thing last night... I wonder if anyone has tried. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and you have to sbf again.

havens1515

Reaction score
My thought process was more about the fact that it's based on the Froyo kernel though, and most of the GB ROMs say you have to have the 2.3.3 leak before you can flash them.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I hope I don't have to sbf if I wanna switch. If so, then I'll just stick with cm7 for a while. It's by far and large the fastest and smoothest rom I've ever had. And I've used them all. Once this baby becomes 100% and all the devs efforts are put into just making it more customizable, this will be the best rom, period.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that if you want to restore a gb rom you will have to SBC and flash the rooted gb first.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cstryon

Reaction score
Check out the cyanogen mod 7 post. You need to be on froyo as cm7 for droid 2 is based on the froyo kernel.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Thisguy89

Reaction score
I hope I don't have to sbf if I wanna switch. If so, then I'll just stick with cm7 for a while. It's by far and large the fastest and smoothest rom I've ever had. And I've used them all. Once this baby becomes 100% and all the devs efforts are put into just making it more customizable, this will be the best rom, period.

I wanted to go back to ZS from CM last night, so I figured I'd try just wiping, then flashing the GB leak for the kernel, then flashing ZS...

No go. Was stuck at the boot logo after flashing the GB leak. Couldn't boot into stock recovery, either.

Had to do a full SBF.

Side note: I made a backup before doing this. Do I have to be back on the froyo kernel before I can restore this backup, or will it work from GB?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
you have to be on froyo first before you can restore that back up.

Last edited:

destin246

Reaction score

I wanted to go back to ZS from CM last night, so I figured I'd try just wiping, then flashing the GB leak for the kernel, then flashing ZS...

No go. Was stuck at the boot logo after flashing the GB leak. Couldn't boot into stock recovery, either.

Had to do a full SBF.

Side note: I made a backup before doing this. Do I have to be back on the froyo kernel before I can restore this backup, or will it work from GB?

I went back to zombiestomped cyanogenmod wasn't all that great to me