TIP: ClockworkMod Rec/No need to change name to "Update.zip"

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by myriad46, Oct 21, 2010.

1. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

After many many times of changing a font package or brightness fix, or whatever to "Update.zip" and moving it to the root of the SD card, I actually took the time to look at the other items on the ClockworkMod Recovery console. Specifically the one that says "install zip from sdcard".

You select it, and on the next menu choose "choose zip from sdcard" and it brings you to the folder list of your SD card. Simply find the file you want to flash and select it.

Huge time saver. Maybe I missed that in the thread I used to root, but thought I'd share the tip for those that didn't know.
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

It's been there for quite a while now lol, but nonetheless still a helpful tip for people who may not know that :)
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

It's the only reason I use Clockwork!! I think it's a really buggy piece of software, but I endure the bugs for that little bit of convenience. I do however always have a good SpRecovery backup on my phone too though for the "just-in-case" factor.
  4. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

Definitely. I use Rom Manager for backups.

Maybe I'm just not utilizing it for as much as you, but what kind of bugs are you talking about? I haven't had a single problem with it.
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Well, I don't use Rom Manager for anything other than flashing CW or SPR. I have had real problems with it in the past and now just don't trust it. I think all the issues I've had in the past have been resolved by the dev, but I'm just sort of stuck in my little routine now. :)

I do all my backups, restores and new installs directly from Clockwork. The main bug I have is that it will occasionally cause the phone to reboot unexpectedly. I have learned to simply press the X on the physical keyboard the second the screen goes dark and it reboot back into Clockwork. From that point on, Clockwork works flawlessly for me. It's a minor nuisance and one that I can live with.

After I create a backup and the phone has rebooted, I open Root Explorer (the file manager I use) and rename the backup so I will later know exactly what it is. I do this because I load different roms frequently. I have two roms that I use as daily drivers and switch between them frequently (twice yesterday). I have them themed very differently and switch when the mood strikes. :)
Search tags for this page
change name update.zip android
clock work rec.zip
clockqorkmid cant fine update.zip

clockworkmod can't find update.zip

clockworkmod cant find zip

clockworkmod rec

clockworkmod rec.zip

clockworkmod.zip

clockworkrec.zip download
do i need to change to update.zip
rom clockwork rec zip