Time Zone and Weather?????

Tsquare

Reaction score
My normal alarm clock (wife) woke me up this morning. I wondered why my phones alarm had not gone off. I pick it up and it is 2 hours behind in time, and the weather is showing me somewhere else than where I am.

I turned off automatic time which was showing me in Pacific time zone (I am Central Time Zone). After moving around the apartment a bit the weather finally updated to the right location.

Weird!!

derekmiller12

Reaction score
My normal alarm clock (wife) woke me up this morning. I wondered why my phones alarm had not gone off. I pick it up and it is 2 hours behind in time, and the weather is showing me somewhere else than where I am.

I turned off automatic time which was showing me in Pacific time zone (I am Central Time Zone). After moving around the apartment a bit the weather finally updated to the right location.

Weird!!

Mine does that as well.. I live in Indiana and it will switch to San Fran after I restart it and give me their weather.. It soon switches to the right place.. But the thing that worries me is that I have my phone as my alarm and I hope that during the night the phone dont switch to their time and make my alarm go off when it shouldnt be..

avanthomme

Reaction score

Weird!!

Mine does that as well.. I live in Indiana and it will switch to San Fran after I restart it and give me their weather.. It soon switches to the right place.. But the thing that worries me is that I have my phone as my alarm and I hope that during the night the phone dont switch to their time and make my alarm go off when it shouldnt be..
I'm having the same issue. I had this problem several times a week, and it usually occurs in the AM, making it really unreliable to use as an alarm clock! I'm in Baltimore, Maryland (4G market), and it says I'm in Corona, CA. When I turn 4G off to save battery life, I still notice the issue. I powered fun off and on again, reset device, wiped handset, and swapped to a new device...still same issues. The phone auto corrects itself after a few minutes to hours. When I log into maps/ latitude, it shows the correct location on map, but still says Corona, CA. I spoke to VZW, and they said It's not a known issue. I encourage people to call, so they can find a software fix.

amusedone

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I live in Bardstown and work in Louisville, KY and my phone says I'm in LA.
I have tried turning airplane mode on and then back off-that didn't work. I tried powercycling the phone-that didn't work. I did a battery pull that fixed the problem for about a half hour then it reverted back to LA. I have all of my location services enabled. My navigation generally works fine, I haven't needed it when it has been acting up-next time I think about it while it is acting up I will turn it on and see what happens. This occurs on 3g [4g isn't available here yet] and on wi-fi. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I sure didn't pay $650+ for a phone that can't even tell what half of the country I'm in.

Any suggestions or fixes that work?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

mainarja

Reaction score
I, too, am stuck in LA even though I am actually in NJ. It's rather irritating.

tahahn

Reaction score
Me too

While I am at work, my phone is telling me that I am in Jiuquan China. I live in Nebraska. The weather and time are both thrown off. This issue has been occuring for about 3 weeks now, before the recent software update.