Time to say good by...

Graymayre

Reaction score
Unlike most cases, my Bionic might be moving to tougher duties once it is relieved from its phone duty. Especially once Ubuntu phone rolls out.

Raged Bionic

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Looks like I'm out too.. My bionic has been a solid workhorse for two years now and it is still in mint condition... not a scratch ... lapdock... media dock... car dock... all still working like a charm... almost like breaking up with a girlfriend ... but I've met somebody new

All these phones that have been coming around have been pissing me off... they seem like the latest / greatest gadget untill i read the specs and there's always something wrong... drastically wrong... no SD card slot... or can't remove battery... or 1GB RAM.... or still 1.5GHz dual core two years after bionic came out with 1.3... I was like " jeezzussss... somebody give me a good reason to make the move!!"

Now it has happened... for me and my requirements anyway... personal choice i suppose

Galaxy Note 3 baby... i can hardly wait... got that bad boy on preorder and it's killing me softly just waiting for this daamn thang...

Android (4.3)
5.7 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels 386 ppi Super AMOLED
3200 mAh removable battery
Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974
Quad core, 2.3 GHz, Krait 400
Adreno 330 GPU
3.072 GB RAM
32 GB internal
microSD, microSDHC up to 64 GB
plus the s pen features and true multitasking with muliple windows...

I can't sleep yo... i been waiting for this for two years since i gave up my OG Moto Droid and was disappointed that the bionic never really lived up to the hype... it's been there for me though... through thick and thin and it has put sour pusses on the face of many an iOS user when they see the lapdock or HD dock streaming videos to the flatscreen at work in 1080p sitting back at my desk operating it with the remote control...
yeah... imma miss this thing but i look forward to my new beast and all it's new perks... :icon_ devil:

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yeah. It appears Samsung is leading the charge now. Verizon screwed over motorola by making them go with only internal memory and battery.
My primary issue with my S4 is I cannot force it into LTE only, and it will incessantly fall back on 3G for no reason. Which is messed up when I need it at a specific moment. I have to do an airplane toggle to maybe get 4g back. No *#*#4636#*#* is really annoying me.

Otherwise, it has all the features I would desire, completely eliminating the need to ROM. Debloated and reenabled hidden menus, though.
And I would go with the Note 3, but I need my device pocket friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I would go with the Note 3, but I need my device pocket friendly.

I got lucky... i have a full drawer of pants and shorts with that same , side leg , cell phone pocket... and the note fits in there nicely with a little room to spare...

I bought those pants/shorts to fit my bionic with extended battery without being to tight in there so it was still easy to remove... glad i did that now :happy3:

jimbarr

Reaction score
I had to bail on my Droid bionic as well for similar reasons. I opted for a Moto X from Verizon, and haven't looked back. The Moto X is compact, smooth, easy to hold, extremely fast, and does exactly what I want. Honestly, this is in a completely different class from the Droid bionic. Apps snap open without delay or lag, the camera launches quickly with a double flick of the wrist, and the Touchless Control, while a bit overrated, works well and has been quite useful. And the battery life rocks. Leaving both WiFi and Mobile Data enabled 24x7, I get battery lifes well over a day (24+ hours.) No more Greenify or Juice Defender Ultimate needed.

Probably the most important thing to me is that I no longer spend hours tweaking and futzing to eek out battery life. I just use it.

The Droid bionic saw some very great days, and it has been solid and faithful for a long time. It was just time to move on.

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I have to say I like my cm 10.2 bionic better than my wife's moto x. At least enough not to want to upgrade. Any Bionic owners looking at the LG G2?

rcblate

Reaction score
Well, o too have finally buried the bastard bionic! I looked at the x and liked it a lot. Looked at iPhone but w/out talk and surf on vzw nope. I went with the droid mini. It is the right size for me. It works really well and am enjoying it so far. Of moto could just learn how to make good camera's, oh well. Other than that the phone is snappy and works as advertised. I guess when your previous phones have been blackberry storm, storm2 and bionic, the satisfaction bar is a bit low:). Thanks for everyone's assistance over the years. I fdr'ed the bionic today. Going to set it in the lap dock and let my Kindergarten er use it as her first device. Be well and fare well!!!!!

jmlaser

Reaction score
I'm finally out too. It seems we are falling like dominos.
I have had 5 Bionics. 2 cracked screens and the last 3 have had faulty speakers (mostly external, 1 had both bad).
No where near as durable as my OG droid was.
Moving on to the S4

peace

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
I have to say I like my cm 10.2 bionic better than my wife's moto x. At least enough not to want to upgrade. Any Bionic owners looking at the LG G2?

i replaced my Bionic with the G2 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love this phone. i nought it at Best buy for $99, then received a $50 gift card that i used to get a set of ear buds with. this phone is a beast! no need for a launcher or extended battery, the G2's battery last me at least 16 hrs and thats with this beautiful screen at 80% and a lot of gaming and internet use, although mostly on wifi. my only gripe is the back is a finger print magnet and can start to feel a little grimy from the oils on my fingers, but i wipe it down a lot. i really dont miss my Bionic at all. if your considering the G2 i recommend it especially since verizon has a sale going on right now.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
i replaced my Bionic with the G2 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love this phone. i nought it at Best buy for $99, then received a $50 gift card that i used to get a set of ear buds with. this phone is a beast! no need for a launcher or extended battery, the G2's battery last me at least 16 hrs and thats with this beautiful screen at 80% and a lot of gaming and internet use, although mostly on wifi. my only gripe is the back is a finger print magnet and can start to feel a little grimy from the oils on my fingers, but i wipe it down a lot. i really dont miss my Bionic at all. if your considering the G2 i recommend it especially since verizon has a sale going on right now.

Congrats. .. Get yourself a nice case. .:D... I've seen a few nice ones around. ..

N3 tapa

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to have a Bionic that worked since the moment i got it [a month after release]. It's been good to me but with Verizon being little ****heads and charging me 200+ for three phones even with the old contracts, I will be getting the Nexus 5 with a $30 monthly prepaid plan once my contract ends.

zirkdog

Reaction score
Stopping in one last time to say my good-bye. The BIONIC was my first smartphone. I picked it up when the price dropped after the RAZR was released. For being the redheaded Verizon/Mot step-child it really wasn't that bad of a phone to start with. Mine never gave the litany of problems that filled these boards.

Big thanks to Samurai for all the help in flashing builds and making the jump to ICS and JB.

My BIONIC is now my permanent bedside clock and Netflix viewer on the lapdock.