Time to say good by...

Reaction score
Well my bionic has been getting more and more sluggish and the extended battery isn't even holding a charge all day anymore. Well it was time to upgrade. I got my hands on a new droid maxx. I'm gonna miss you bionic!

deduct

Reaction score
Well my bionic has been getting more and more sluggish and the extended battery isn't even holding a charge all day anymore. Well it was time to upgrade. I got my hands on a new droid maxx. I'm gonna miss you bionic!

Congrats man. You lucky dog! How do you like it?

OP
Delasangre4231
Reaction score
Congrats man. You lucky dog! How do you like it?
Thanks, it is incredibly fast and the battery rocks, I got to 11 hours and was at 60% and that was the "new phone heavy usage". Its actually only .2 inches wider and 1/4 inch taller than the bionic, as well as being paper thin in comparison. Not once has it lagged or faltered. My only complaint is no hard menu and search keys like the Bionic, instead its got back-home-task manager. That and since its still early you can't customize the lock screen to say add shortcuts, and you cant hide apps/make groups in the app drawer.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well to solve the last sentence's problems, you can try a third party launcher like GoLauncher, Next, TSF etc. Also WidgetLocker lets you customize or make your own lock screen with no limits. Personally I think apps like these are the reason Android exists.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Moving on to the S4. The bionic won't be retired, however. As I have the lapdock and car dock, it will be repurposed to a Ubuntu pc/GPS hybrid for commercial driving. All I need to do is actually download the necessary maps and whatnot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Thanks, it is incredibly fast and the battery rocks, I got to 11 hours and was at 60% and that was the "new phone heavy usage". Its actually only .2 inches wider and 1/4 inch taller than the bionic, as well as being paper thin in comparison. Not once has it lagged or faltered. My only complaint is no hard menu and search keys like the Bionic, instead its got back-home-task manager. That and since its still early you can't customize the lock screen to say add shortcuts, and you cant hide apps/make groups in the app drawer.

You can disable certain apps in settings.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Moving on to the S4. The bionic won't be retired, however. As I have the lapdock and car dock, it will be repurposed to a Ubuntu pc/GPS hybrid for commercial driving. All I need to do is actually download the necessary maps and whatnot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I turned in my bionic. It served me well fro two years.

deduct

Reaction score
At first the Ultra because I did not want to spend $300. After 7 days I went back to Verizon and bought the Maxx, incredible battery life and storage.

Well I don't blame you there. I hope to replace my maxx with new droid max some day.