1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Time to say good by...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Delasangre4231, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Delasangre4231

Delasangre4231 New Member

Well my bionic has been getting more and more sluggish and the extended battery isn't even holding a charge all day anymore. Well it was time to upgrade. I got my hands on a new droid maxx. I'm gonna miss you bionic!
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

It may be for the best. :biggrin:

Good luck and good fortune with the Maxx
  3. SFGate

SFGate New Member

A tear has been shed in Bionic heaven. Good luck with your new phone.
    4 people like this.
  4. deduct

deduct New Member

Congrats man. You lucky dog! How do you like it?
  5. Delasangre4231

Delasangre4231 New Member

Thanks, it is incredibly fast and the battery rocks, I got to 11 hours and was at 60% and that was the "new phone heavy usage". Its actually only .2 inches wider and 1/4 inch taller than the bionic, as well as being paper thin in comparison. Not once has it lagged or faltered. My only complaint is no hard menu and search keys like the Bionic, instead its got back-home-task manager. That and since its still early you can't customize the lock screen to say add shortcuts, and you cant hide apps/make groups in the app drawer.
  6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Well to solve the last sentence's problems, you can try a third party launcher like GoLauncher, Next, TSF etc. Also WidgetLocker lets you customize or make your own lock screen with no limits. Personally I think apps like these are the reason Android exists.
  7. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

Moving on to the S4. The bionic won't be retired, however. As I have the lapdock and car dock, it will be repurposed to a Ubuntu pc/GPS hybrid for commercial driving. All I need to do is actually download the necessary maps and whatnot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  8. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO New Member

You can disable certain apps in settings.
  9. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO New Member

I turned in my bionic. It served me well fro two years.
  10. deduct

deduct New Member

What did you upgrade too?
  11. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO New Member

At first the Ultra because I did not want to spend $300. After 7 days I went back to Verizon and bought the Maxx, incredible battery life and storage.
  12. deduct

deduct New Member

Well I don't blame you there. I hope to replace my maxx with new droid max some day.
  13. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Member

My Bionic has joined my OG Droid on desk-clock duty. These days I'm rocking a Moto X.
  14. deduct

deduct New Member

Sweet phone! How do you like it?
  15. RETUSAFNCO

RETUSAFNCO New Member

I turned in my Bionic for store credit but I still have my OG Droid. The Moto X is a nice phone.
  16. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Member

Love it. So much snappier than the Bionic. And the screen is leaps and bounds better, too.
  17. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

Unlike most cases, my Bionic might be moving to tougher duties once it is relieved from its phone duty. Especially once Ubuntu phone rolls out.

Raged Bionic
  18. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

Looks like I'm out too.. My bionic has been a solid workhorse for two years now and it is still in mint condition... not a scratch ... lapdock... media dock... car dock... all still working like a charm... almost like breaking up with a girlfriend ... but I've met somebody new

All these phones that have been coming around have been pissing me off... they seem like the latest / greatest gadget untill i read the specs and there's always something wrong... drastically wrong... no SD card slot... or can't remove battery... or 1GB RAM.... or still 1.5GHz dual core two years after bionic came out with 1.3... I was like " jeezzussss... somebody give me a good reason to make the move!!"

Now it has happened... for me and my requirements anyway... personal choice i suppose

Galaxy Note 3 baby... i can hardly wait... got that bad boy on preorder and it's killing me softly just waiting for this daamn thang...

Android (4.3)
    5.7 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels 386 ppi Super AMOLED
    3200 mAh removable battery
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974
    Quad core, 2.3 GHz, Krait 400
    Adreno 330 GPU
    3.072 GB RAM
    32 GB internal
    microSD, microSDHC up to 64 GB
    plus the s pen features and true multitasking with muliple windows...

I can't sleep yo... i been waiting for this for two years since i gave up my OG Moto Droid and was disappointed that the bionic never really lived up to the hype... it's been there for me though... through thick and thin and it has put sour pusses on the face of many an iOS user when they see the lapdock or HD dock streaming videos to the flatscreen at work in 1080p sitting back at my desk operating it with the remote control...
    yeah... imma miss this thing but i look forward to my new beast and all it's new perks... :icon_ devil:
  19. Graymayre

Graymayre New Member

Yeah. It appears Samsung is leading the charge now. Verizon screwed over motorola by making them go with only internal memory and battery.
    My primary issue with my S4 is I cannot force it into LTE only, and it will incessantly fall back on 3G for no reason. Which is messed up when I need it at a specific moment. I have to do an airplane toggle to maybe get 4g back. No *#*#4636#*#* is really annoying me.

Otherwise, it has all the features I would desire, completely eliminating the need to ROM. Debloated and reenabled hidden menus, though.
    And I would go with the Note 3, but I need my device pocket friendly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  20. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

I got lucky... i have a full drawer of pants and shorts with that same , side leg , cell phone pocket... and the note fits in there nicely with a little room to spare...

I bought those pants/shorts to fit my bionic with extended battery without being to tight in there so it was still easy to remove... glad i did that now :happy3:
Search tags for this page

*#*#4636#*#* moto x

cm 10.2 bionic
moto touchless control juice defender