Time to pay for Swype!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Got a message today that my free trial of Swype was over. Sure enough it doesn't work. Didn't even know it was a trial. There was no mention of how much they wanted or a link to pay for it. Anyone else have any ideas?

backlash

Reaction score
Does loading the apk somebody posted on here not work anymore?

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
Uninstall Swype. Send the url to your Droid. Click on it and load the newer version. After that you install it and go to 'keyboards' and pick Swype. It's even nicer than the original.

D Roid

Reaction score
Uninstalling swype seems futile. The new version worked great for a day till I started running Smoked Glass 5.0 Big Update, then no more swype. Cornicakes put up some good instructions on how to run swype again, but my swype files WILL NOT DELETE!!! This prevents me from uninstalling to reinstall. swype has swiped my droid!! Where can I just pay for the stupid upgrade?!!?!

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Picked it up, didn't use the other version so this should be fun.

Technoman

Reaction score
Found the answer after doing a 'search'. Uninstall Swype and go here
Droid.Swype.Beta.5612.apk

I've installed this and it doesn't work either. I guess I have to pay now.

Were you running the leaked version before or the actual BETA? Did you go to the website and actually apply for the Beta, get an email, and then download the installer? The installer will pull down the correct version for your phone.

It could be that they have a way of killing the APP if it was not a valid BETA.

fishepa

Reaction score
Found the answer after doing a 'search'. Uninstall Swype and go here
Droid.Swype.Beta.5612.apk

Were you running the leaked version before or the actual BETA? Did you go to the website and actually apply for the Beta, get an email, and then download the installer? The installer will pull down the correct version for your phone.

Yes, I used the installer previously as a beta member and that stopped working too.

Technoman

Reaction score

Yes, I used the installer previously as a beta member and that stopped working too.

I have had no problems (other than the message that pops up on boot up). I just go on, and it works fine for me. Nothing that I can tell is disabled or not available.

fishepa

Reaction score
Okay, I redownloaded the Swype beta and it's working now.

Thanks