Time to clothe this beast.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Starting to get scared every time I put and pull this thing out of my pocket. Those little metal circles by jean pockets don't help matters either.

So whats the best looking and fuctional case? I don't want something that is ugly as sin, nor do I want something that makes my phone the size of a brick.

Also will the Verizon screen protectors work just fine?

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I use the Sena case which is basically a custom fit leather sleeve that the Droid slides into. Does a nice job of protecting it while at the same time not interfering with the physical keyboard (if you use it) as hard cases do.

I've got a VZW screen protector on, it has bubbles around the edges and as soon as they start to spread I'm going to peel it off and run nekkid.

loop4zil

Reaction score
Starting to get scared every time I put and pull this thing out of my pocket. Those little metal circles by jean pockets don't help matters either.

So whats the best looking and fuctional case? I don't want something that is ugly as sin, nor do I want something that makes my phone the size of a brick.

I use the invisishield by ZAGG. I actually paid to have it installed at Best Buy mobile...they did a nice job of it. They told me not to put the phone in my pocket for 2 days...so that dirt and lint would not crud up the edges. There was some micro-dropplets under the screen for a day or three but they eventually went away. I use the mediadock and car dock...so no case for me.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio case/holster and Seidio screen protector, hands down. I've went through three cases so far and this one is easily my favorite. I have the Body Glove case and the Verizon shell/holster combo gathering dust in my desk right now because neither one feels as good as the Seidio. I'm also not a fan of the ZAGG invisishield screen protector because it feels like rubber/tacky. The Seidio screen protector feels like the glass itself and was easy to apply. Just my $.02. Whatever you do, stay away from the BodyGlove case if you plan on ever taking it off for the multimedia or car docks.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I have the Sena leather case like Donkey Hodie , love it , great protection for the phone , once it is broke-in , it is smooth as snot . :motdroidvert:

Another_Dude

Reaction score

I think this may be exactly what you are looking for:

Great with jeans, and incredible customer service.

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

superglen99

Reaction score
I have a clean one cause who wants to cover the sexiness of the Droid in a case? it was $7.99 online. check onlydroid.com

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I use the invisishield by ZAGG. I actually paid to have it installed at Best Buy mobile...they did a nice job of it. They told me not to put the phone in my pocket for 2 days...so that dirt and lint would not crud up the edges. There was some micro-dropplets under the screen for a day or three but they eventually went away. I use the mediadock and car dock...so no case for me.
Same here I got Phantom Skins installed at the mall. I never use a case and it is still scratchless (except where i lightly sanded down an edge of the film) and if I ever need it replaced its only $10 this is my third phone i have had it installed on and i would and will return when i get my next phone

Reaction score
I use the body glove, I enjoy the feel of it in my hand, and I like the rubbery surface since it will stay put on surfaces if bumped. I also use the verizon screen protector and it works just as well as if it weren't there, I love it. There wont be bubbles in the screen if you do it right. I'm a people person, so I was actually able to talk to the tech in to putting the protector on for me, I always mess them up.

Nidisa

Reaction score
I use Seido Innocase in black, have Zagg on the screen (was installed flawlessly at Best Buy). Have the media dock and car mount/dock from Seido....and I can tell you that this phone is smokin HAWT looking!!
Clean, sexy, ubar high brow looking. Couldn't be happier! And protected :icon_ banana:

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Seidio Innocase. I have the Sapphire Blue, and aside from playing mail tag with Seidio trying to get a replacement that fit the top of my Droid (Customer Service rep told me today that they JUST got the replacement tops in and they're being sent out promptly.), I love the case. It's absolutely beautiful, and for the week or so that my first case stayed on, it was great. Very thin, but good protection. No cheap feel at all to it, and the color selection they have is great. :)

Plus, if you do have a problem with it, Seidio's customer service is second to none, no joke. Every customer service rep I have dealt with has been nothing but helpful to the max. I really can't say anything bad about their customer service. Wish I would have never had to deal with them and the fitting issue in the first place, but seeing as how I had to, I'm glad it was Seidio that I was dealing with, and not some company that doesn't care about their customers.

lockman

Reaction score
Rockin the old school VZW case/ holster and Zagg shield. Wish the Siedio Innocase had come out when I got my phone. It's waaaayyyy cooler than mine, but i just can't justify the money. (Actually, I can, Wifey not so much.) Had a suede jacket with my old phone, worked great, just got real annoying real quick.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Will any best buy install a screen protector? How much is it?

So I just go to the mobile section and say can you put a screen protector on this, even though I didn't buy the phone through them?

Nidisa

Reaction score
I don't know if "any" best buy installs, just give your local stores a call and ask. The purchase and install of Zagg on just the screen was like $30-$40 if I recall. Well worth it! And if after 2 days of curing, it's not right, then take it back and they do it again. Make sure you take the battery out before they work on it though.