time of deleted videos, restoring deleted videos-Police corruption

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by rileydawg, Sep 12, 2010.

1. BanditRider

BanditRider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The timestamp on a file cannot be used as evidence because it's trivial to fake.
    Simply change the date and time on your PC and touch the file.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I don't know what you did or didn't do, but I am not one to judge. Very shady that the police would delete or even touch anything on your phone unless there was some sort of suspicion and 'warrent' or something to access your phone. I am no lawyer tho so I dono the ropes.

Secondly, OMG why are some people saying you cannot recover files on a memory card. Its just data, so if it gets 'deleted' it is just taken off the 'index' and is still there untill new data is written over it. It is 100% a possible thing to do. I do it all the time at work in my digital photo lab.

Use one of those programs for "Card Recovery". Just like a digital camera, if you were to delete some photos but not take many more new ones afterwards then you should be able to find them using a recovery program on yuor PC. I don't know if it would tell you the time of deletion tho. Might want to get a lawyer and tell him that one...

3. Droids

Droids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are also utilities out there that can change the date/time stamp. You should be able to recover your videos if the Man didn't get clever and wipe the portion of the card containing the videos, but proving beyond reasonable doubt that the police commited a crime will be impossible.

4. bakerboats

bakerboats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CardRecovery will restore any deleted file that has not been written over. Time stamp is another thing. Lawyer should be able to help and have a professional recover time stamp and video to make it "hold up" in court.

5. interfac9

interfac9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your best bet is to let a lawyer and a forensics type tech handle it. Otherwise, sadly, it will most assuredly be your word against theirs.

6. andreanye

andreanye New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I delete my videos off my iPhone, they are about my English Learning tutorials. Who can help me?

Search tags for this page
can police retrieve deleted videos

can you recover deleted browser history on droid

how to check deleted history on android
how to find deleted history on android
how to find deleted videos on droid ultra
how to view deleted browser history on android
how to view deleted web history on android
recover deleted videos on iphone
recover deleted web history android
recover iphone