time of deleted videos, restoring deleted videos-Police corruption

rileydawg

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I need to figure out two things on my droid.

1. How to tell what time a certain video was deleted from my phone?

2. How to restore the video?

This is of VERY HIGH importance as it involves the Police removing videos from my phone after I was taken into custody. So a lil extra spice for an otherwise boring question. I took out my micro sd card so nothing else writes to it and am waiting to hear back from you guys.

The goal is to prove that I was in custody when the videos were deleted-(Police corruption) and to also restore them to prove my innocence.

Thanks Everyone!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
An SD card doesn't have a Recycle Bin like a Computer does, therefore restoring these files is not a possibility

phunkyjoey

Reaction score
FileRestorePlus - Easily undelete, unerase, and recover deleted files

When files are "deleted" they are not actually removed from the memory card, until something else overwrites them. So by saving anything else to them memory card you may have overwritten them. There is a decent chance that you can restore them though. I've succesfully used undelete plus before to restore pictures that were accidentally deleted on a camera's memory card.
Give it a shot and good luck.

Joey

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this was possible, Learn something new every day :)

yahwarrior

Reaction score
The police could also contact Verizon and have them use your Droid as a bug for them. Or they could use your Gps to keep track of you.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The police could also contact Verizon and have them use your Droid as a bug for them. Or they could use your Gps to keep track of you.

Only with a Court Order. Which then makes it legal.

OP
R

rileydawg

Reaction score
another note

That would be great if I could get some of the most knowledgeable people on here to help me out..I need to show that the file was indeed deleted when I was in custody and show how I got the files back(because either way ). Also PM me if you have any other ideas regarding my situation--I would like to get some 'anti-Police Corruption' groups on board to help me with this.

If my DROID gets me out of this I will be very happy! and have to shell out for the newest one, and frame the old one! :icon_ banana:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get a Lawyer..............

OP
R

rileydawg

Reaction score
Priority 1

The actual footage on the video is not as important as the fact that they deleted it and 'tampered with possible evidence'...If I can prove that then the cops look like complete fools and have lost their credibility. In which case I will gladly take not guilty and tar n feather these corrupt people.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The actual footage on the video is not as important as the fact that they deleted it and 'tampered with possible evidence'...If I can prove that then the cops look like complete fools and have lost their credibility. In which case I will gladly take not guilty and tar n feather these corrupt people.

Seems to me you'd never be able to prove it wasn't just an accident (the deletion). And just a thought, but since there is no "Trash Bin" it seems there would be no reason for a time stamp on the deletion. Just thinking out loud.:)

BanditRider

Reaction score
The timestamp on a file cannot be used as evidence because it's trivial to fake.
Simply change the date and time on your PC and touch the file.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off, I don't know what you did or didn't do, but I am not one to judge. Very shady that the police would delete or even touch anything on your phone unless there was some sort of suspicion and 'warrent' or something to access your phone. I am no lawyer tho so I dono the ropes.

Secondly, OMG why are some people saying you cannot recover files on a memory card. Its just data, so if it gets 'deleted' it is just taken off the 'index' and is still there untill new data is written over it. It is 100% a possible thing to do. I do it all the time at work in my digital photo lab.

Use one of those programs for "Card Recovery". Just like a digital camera, if you were to delete some photos but not take many more new ones afterwards then you should be able to find them using a recovery program on yuor PC. I don't know if it would tell you the time of deletion tho. Might want to get a lawyer and tell him that one...

Droids

Reaction score
The timestamp on a file cannot be used as evidence because it's trivial to fake.
Simply change the date and time on your PC and touch the file.
There are also utilities out there that can change the date/time stamp. You should be able to recover your videos if the Man didn't get clever and wipe the portion of the card containing the videos, but proving beyond reasonable doubt that the police commited a crime will be impossible.