Time for a new ROM, but which one???

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Tsip85, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

I've managed to stay away from the forums for WAAAAY too long! The last ROM I loaded on my D1 worked so great that I just decided to keep it instead of flashing a new ROM everytime one dropped. But, it's been buggy lately and I'm ready for a change. Get ready to gasp, the ROM I'm currently running is Liquid GB v1.7 w/ Android 2.3.3. So, my question is what is the most stable Liquid ROM to date, and would I need to flash anything different first? Just through a quick glimpse I see that there's a few bugs in both 3.1 and 3.2 with data dropping. That's an issue that I'm currently having with 1.7 and a big reason why I'm ready for a switch. Thanks in advacne for the suggestions!
  2. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

3.2 has been the best LGB to date for me. The only gripe I've got is the camera is slow to save pictures so taking quick consecutive shots is pretty much a lost cause.
  3. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Try using quickpic and set it to the default gallery, go to the camera app and click on the litte picture that brings you to the gallery app, should ask you for the choice of stock vs quickpic, IMHO quickpic saves pics faster, but maybe im just crazy.
    My favorite out of all the roms I've flashed so far, (LGB, bugless, CM 7, and SS 5.6) is that SS 5.6 is the most stable, and if you can get your phone configured right, the best battery life. My only problem with liquids rom was battery life was a miserable 3 hours, and that was with little use.
  4. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

I decided to give 3.2 a try. I haven't had a chance to check out all the goodies just yet, but I did check the camera and it was SOOO much faster than what I was used to. I'll try quickpic as well and see if that speeds it up even more. I am having one problem. I went through the normal google sign in upon initial reboot and not even half of my apps are showing up. I went to the Market to download one that I had (Words w/ Friends) and it said I didn't have enough space. Any ideas?
  5. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Uhh, I use Titanium to restore apps so I dunno.
  6. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Well, I did a back up with TB before I flashed the ROM (User Aps + Data), but I was hoping for a way to restore them without TB. I want to avoid restoring any themed or modified apps from my last ROM and also don't want to restore any of the data that may have been causing bugs. I'll restore my TB if no one else has any suggestions.
  7. Knowpig

Knowpig New Member

Reboot into recovery, clear cache, then reboot and check space.

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.
  8. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

I had read that...just did it and I was able to down load WWF and also the Launcher Update. But, my other apps still are not loading. Is it something that just takes time, or is TB going to be my best option? Normally I'm no so hesitant to use TB, but since I've made such a big jump going from 1.7 to 3.2 I know that there are quite a bit of differences. I don't want to "corrupt" a new ROM with old data that may cause it to run improperly because some things are incompatiable. I hope there's some sense to what I'm saying...
  9. Knowpig

Knowpig New Member

Remember. The OG Droid has very limited storage. You may just be full. Move what you can to the SD card.

Posted with my thought to text Liquid Droid2.