tier plan rumours are back

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon Introducing Tiered Data Plans in 4-6 Months?

On 09.23.10, In News, by Kellex
1diggdigg

Ivan Seidenberg, the CEO of Verizon, confirmed today that tiered data plans may arrive in the next 4-6 months. There was no mention of pricing or structure of tiers, but he did manage to take a quick shot at AT&T, claiming they don’t necessarily “agree” with the way they valued their data. Most people are expecting the new pricing structure to hit about the same time LTE (4G) takes off.
And surprise, surprise, the i*hone was also brought up. Seidenberg said that Verizon doesn’t feel like it has an i*hone “deficit” and that they would love to carry it, but need to “earn it.” Whatever that means?
I’m actually a fan of the tiered data idea, but I know many of you don’t share my enthusiasm. Any reason a tiered plan would turn you away?
Source: WSJ
Via: BGR

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Tiered pricing is just going to kill me. I use over 8GB of date a month playing games tethering with the Droid 1 and I don't think they will have a tier package for that kind of data usage...maybe when 4G comes around, but not at first.

M

mike.green

pricing is still too high, even after a long time now, I wonder when these companies will say enough

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They not going back to unlimited, not now when they are rolling out lte on every phone and they are pushing tablets with all kinds of streaming services. Its all about money and data is marketable, just like texting was about 5 years ago.

wildride89

Reaction score
Nevermind I just noticed this was an old thread.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited: