Thunderbolt? Yay or Nay

dajogejr

Reaction score
Absolutely Yea in my book.
The speed is incredible, both on the device and on the LTE network.
Is it a perfect phone? No. What is?
I could list all the pros and cons, but I'm keeping this phone...so it has more pros for me.

Battery life is ok. I bought mine with an extended battery...but all weekend and this week I've left the stocker in and I'm really going to see how long it lasts.

I have the car dock, and after two trips using the phone and Google Nav, I gave me 5" screen TomTom to my girlfriend. I can use it for texting, email, mp3 player and navigation with bluetooth all at once. (I only send text/email while stopped, but I am looking into the voice to text feature on the swift keyboard, seems to work very well)

It does not handle email, calendar and contacts as smoothly as a blackberry on BES.
If you are the type that gets 100 emails a day, this might not be the phone for you.

However, the rich web experience (with flash...by the way, lol), speed and apps available makes this a keeper for me.

The voice quality is the best I've heard yet. Some have issues with the audio on video recordings. I have not experienced that.

I've yet to see a camera that takes great pictures in low light.
That being said, in average to good light, this snaps nice pics!

Being an early adopter of the phone (got mine day after it launched) I knew there would be a bump or two in the road. And there has been.
There have been NO deal breakers of any kind. I know after the first few weeks...the battery won't be as big of a deal.
I try to look at all the complaints and issues subjectively.

With some people, you could give them a cure for cancer.
The first thing they'd do is ramble off 100 questions and bludgeon it to death...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DROIDX gingerbread is making me second guess ordering the bolt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Thunderbolt may get it first if it keeps getting put back...

The leaked GB for the X and D2 just came out last night. Its a race to see who gets it first. I would love to see it on my Tbolt as well.

Reaction score
DROIDX gingerbread is making me second guess ordering the bolt

Thunderbolt may get it first if it keeps getting put back...

The leaked GB for the X and D2 just came out last night. Its a race to see who gets it first. I would love to see it on my Tbolt as well.

Rumors are that the TBolt and Incredible will be getting Gingerbread sometime Q2... so by Summer.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I say Yes to the Thunderbolt! But of course I seem to be addicted to upgrading phones.

However the decision process will be different for everyone. I came from the Original Droid which I loved what I could do with it. The only reason I got the D2 was because they upgraded me for free. Ever since that time I was somewhat disappointed because while there were some roms, there wasn't the freedom of the D1. Between the D2 and the DX I preferred the X due to the size of the screen.

The X was a very capable phone and the roms were pretty good for what they had to work with. For the past month or so I've been on the 3.4.2 rom with the new Blur and I have to say I loved it and had no desire to go back to any of the other offerings. Now that the Gingerbread leak is out I would load that and I'm sure it would be fabulous! So if you have an X and are not worried about all that rom stuff you should probably stay where you are.

There are a few things I really like about this new T-Bolt. I do like Sense UI better than Blur. (I do like the Blur alarm better) Sense seems to offer far more and doesn't seem to interfere like Blur did. I of course love the speed of 4g! I can't even believe how fast it downloads stuff and it updates apps in a flash! Mostly I like that it has root and the bootloader cracked open. As soon as we have the kernel source released this phone will soar like an eagle!

But other than that it's a phone. If you have a new X and don't want to pay full price like I did rest easy and be happy with your X because it is awesome too!

funkyb

Reaction score
Just to add to world of johnny boy I was one of the people complaining about battery at first. No root yet but I did get over 24 hours on one charge with moderate use. Plenty of texting, some Facebook, internet, downloading apps....even watching some naughty videos over 4g. I have to say the 4g is better than my home internet connection which gets me 30mgb plus.

And I love this huge screen omg its just beautiful. I will slap the next person that compares a tiny 3 inch over pixelated screen to my beautiful gigantic screen. Lol this phone is amazing. HTC messed up with the tiny battery but hey, if u need a bigger one u CAN add one. Unlike some other smartphones.

+1, I love my TB more and more every day. Battery has not caused me any problems.

Also, I really don't imagine the BIONIC being much better. I know people are all googly-eyed over seeing a dual core phone, but I don't see the appeal (yet). The bigger battery maybe, but that dual core is going to eat that battery faster, as are the extra pixels on its qHD screen, and it will be some time for any true dual-core optimized versions of Android (let alone apps...) to reach maturity. The TB has a very snappy processor, 2GB more eMMC than the BIONIC's current specs, 256MB more ram (wowzas!), a downright beautiful screen, and most importantly, is available now!

alboboy10

Reaction score
I prefer Sense, I didn't understand what the big deal was when I had my DX cause I had launcher pro paid version on it and I thought I could customize the DX to make it look like this one. But it's really not the same at all. I already paid for Launcher Pro, and I'm not using it on my TB.

I think the Bionic will be an amazing device, but it is sort of experimental for me going for it cause it's the first dual core motorola phone on verizon and who knows whether it lives up to its expectation or not. I've experimented a lot with phones and they didn't go great, so this time I went with a safer choice. The TB has a second generation snap dragon, this processor has nothing to prove it already proved itself previously. Battery was the only issue, everybody knows that since it's HTC but if you buy the gigantic battery you can double your battery. So even if your phone battery sucks and you're getting 10 hours of light use, you will still double it to 20 with the extended battery.

After I get my extended battery this phone will go two days and a half with light use I bet. Rooted, probably 3.