Thunderbolt will be 299.99 with 2 year contract

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
That's the way the market works... new "base" price for an electronic device will raise the bar every time. There is a reason why my job gives me a minimum of a 3% raise every year I have a successful review--cost of living.

There is no comparing this price with a phone of similar features, as there are no other LTE Verizon phones available, period.

If that blanket statement were true the price of new smart phones would never have dropped to 199 as the average. The iphone 4 didn't jump to 399 because it has retina display, the older models price dropped and the new ones took over the previous price point.

bladerealm124

Reaction score
Ok so is it going to be 369.99 for a one year contract? That is for sure what I want to do, as long as it is still reasonable.

That's what I've been hearing, how do Verizon's upgrades work with a one year? I'm guessing you just have to resign a one year contract when yours is up and get another 1-year contract price on whatever phone is available at the time. Is this correct or do they offer an early upgrade with a 1-year?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You get to upgrade after 10 months at which time you get to pick between a one year and a two year contract once again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shocka

Reaction score
i'm kinda confused... why is everyone assuming that best buy's price will be reflective of verizon and wirefly's prices? it seems like there is always a discrepancy there with BB tending to charge more...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Droid X, Evo, Incredible, all compatible phones that can keep up with the TB. Throw the Nexus S in there as well.

Droid X and the Incredible don't come close into comparing with the performance of the TBolt. (I have a DX, my wife has the Incredible, so I have lots of experience using all three of them.)

Your X is bone stock right?

Reaction score
Thats subjective : )

"Thunderbolt is a nice phone and the new Sense is nice but if you own the Incredible you won't be too impressed. Droid X users won't be missing much neither."

From an email I received a few days ago.

Not quite sure who blew the smoke via email to you, but look at the benchmark scores on the three phones and come back and tell me that it's subjective. The performance of the TBolt is VERY noticeable if you have all three phones in "stock" condition.

Reaction score

At one point I had put the leaked 2.2 on it, but after the official was released, I went back to stock 2.1 and did the upgrade to 2.2 that way. Also, not sure if you would consider ADWLauncher EX non-stock, but I have that loaded and running on my DX.

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
Man, when I opened this thread the intent was really to just confirm the price, not create the millionth thread on a tangent going over the same specs and opinions again. Ignorance on my part... The underlying point is we can expect to see inflation hit the highly profitable gadget/phone market.

I for one am going to pay 300, or whatever each slightly better device's price is.You can say its a waste of an upgrade, but I'm just going to drop six or seven on the first loaded dual core that isn't locked like my x anyway in a few months

Rotas

Reaction score
Unless you preorder it, then its $249.99. This was answered on best buy mobile's face book page and confirmed at 2 local stores.

Best Buy Mobile | Facebook

You are awesome.
I had it pre-ordered and was mad that the price went up 50 bucks.

I am for sure printing out those sections, and taking it with me to BB.
Just in case there are any problems.

Stevessvt

Reaction score

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

At one point I had put the leaked 2.2 on it, but after the official was released, I went back to stock 2.1 and did the upgrade to 2.2 that way. Also, not sure if you would consider ADWLauncher EX non-stock, but I have that loaded and running on my DX.

Yea, I was just wondering if you had frozen any of the blur, overclocked, rom'd etc. That makes the X scream! Just making sure we were comparing "stock" configs.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
If the rumor on the Bionic's price is correct ($149.99) there will be a number of annoyed TB buyers out there if the TB goes for $299.99...

Can't imagine Verizon would put out the Bionic until then end of 2Q so they can sell as many TBs as possible...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Man you only have until May for your New Every 2?!!! Wait for it to come up!! Don't blow it. : )

I've never used a NE2 so I don't understand but mine is due in July. "Don't blow it?" Help, me what is at stake? $50? That's it?
Hahahaha $50.00? No. I was talking about more current hardware.

Sent from my Droid

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Man you only have until May for your New Every 2?!!! Wait for it to come up!! Don't blow it. : )

I've never used a NE2 so I don't understand but mine is due in July. "Don't blow it?" Help, me what is at stake? $50? That's it?
Hahahaha $50.00? No. I was talking about more current hardware.

Sent from my Droid

Oh, I thought I was missing NE2 being the "golden ticket"! I guess the debate of "more current" can go on. I have not yet seen that we can rely that "more current" is any better or worse than the tbolt, that even if locked it's is worth it, etc. You seem convinced that tbolt is old technology and there's something definitively better right around the corner without any doubt to the contrary.