Thunderbolt VS X2

zwegan

Reaction score
I have had a Tbolt for a month or so now and I love it, but when my wife was available for an upgrade she opted for the DX2.

Well, after 14 days of having the X2 completely lock up to the point that she had to remove the battery to get it to restart I convinced her that it was a piece of junk and we returned it to Verizon and got her a THUNDERBOLT instead.

I have to say, i was very dissapointed by the X2. The screen looked horrible compared to the tbolt. Very grainy in my opinion versus the smooth thunderbolt display.

I have been one of the lucky ones not to have had any issues with random reboots, so I'm glad she saw the light and that both of our phones will hopefully be grandfathered in to free 4G (even though it won't be in our area for at least a year or 2)

electric6

Reaction score
I have had a Tbolt for a month or so now and I love it, but when my wife was available for an upgrade she opted for the DX2.

Well, after 14 days of having the X2 completely lock up to the point that she had to remove the battery to get it to restart I convinced her that it was a piece of junk and we returned it to Verizon and got her a THUNDERBOLT instead.

I have to say, i was very dissapointed by the X2. The screen looked horrible compared to the tbolt. Very grainy in my opinion versus the smooth thunderbolt display.

I have been one of the lucky ones not to have had any issues with random reboots, so I'm glad she saw the light and that both of our phones will hopefully be grandfathered in to free 4G (even though it won't be in our area for at least a year or 2)

Unfortunatly my TB experiance has not been as pleasant as yours, but despite the issues, I must agree that the screen is quite nice. I don't know what the deal is with the new moto screens, but I would think the X2 would peform quite well considering the hardware specs.

Again, I will reiterate that yes the tb lacks some beefy hardware like the x2 or evo 3d, but it also enables us to lock in unlimited 3g/4g for life pretty much. That alone was worth the price of admission to me, even though my branch of the tree wont be getting any LTE love for at least another 10-12 months. So i definetly agree with you on that point!