Thunderbolt vs Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, Jan 5, 2011.

1. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Page 3 news, it says ice cream supposedly(not the official name yet), after honeycomb releases, and updates at six month intervals, maybe thats not 12 months exactly but since honeycomb hasnt been officialy released yet? I guess my point was there will be so many new launches before ice cream comes out you could say any phone running the current configuration will be outdated in six months. So a phone that will run the current software most efficiently is the one you want.
    As I said in another post the htc is proven bug free technology, The thunderbolt isnt. I remember when rim rushed the storm to market, I got one right away and it took rim almost a year to get that phone right. Moto has shown this impatience in the past also htc has not.

2. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When the quad core phones out they won't be optimized either. At that point it would be better for a dual core phone as Ice Cream will probably be out.

3. mjforte

mjforte Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only thing about waiting for phones with the Tegra 3 is that I doubt they'll be out this year. I know it says they'll be ready, but with all the testing and everything else, I wouldn't expect to see any phones with it until summer of next year. Remember Moto's promise of a 2ghz phone by the end of last year? Yeah that's the Bionic that we're probably not going to see until maybe June. So getting the Bionic on a 1 year contract wouldn't be such a bad idea.

4. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    On the topic of tegras, Has anyone seen the thread about nvidias tegra roadmap? They are effectively promising better than core 2 duo performance by next year! Insane stuff man.

I've read, but am too lazy to dig up, an article where google reportedly states they are more or less skipping gingerbread for a lot of devices and instead are combining GB and honeycomb with 2.4 because of conflicts with dual core optimized apps running on a single core phone. Hopefully we 'outdated' phone users will have a great OTA coming late this summer!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    The Atrix has been rooted, so can the Bionic be far behind? No word on how locked-down the Atrix is, but I'm betting the Bionic will be at LEAST as bad, if not worse.

6. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Right but from what I understand it's saying the Honeycomb release on a tablet and not the release on phones. Ice cream is going to be the next release after the upgraded Gingerbread, not Honeycomb. You think they're going to not update tablets for a year? Also, to the person who said it won't be optimized for quad core I believe that's incorrect. Once the new versions of Android are optimized for multi threading it doesn't matter how many cores they add because it's already been optimized. You don't have to keep optimizing every single time they add cores.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. SierraRR

SierraRR Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mind a Bionic

8. bigkoch125

bigkoch125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thunderbolt. Unlocked bootloader= custom roms=not being stuck waiting for carriers to update.

9. bigkoch125

bigkoch125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root isnt necessarily the hard part its the fact that you cant get kernals and true custom roms with the locked bootloaders.

Search tags for this page

thunderbolt vs bionic