Thunderbolt vs Bionic

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Tough question. I'll really need to compare side-by-side in the store. TBolt is a nice piece of hardware, but the advantages of a dual core could be significant, however that could be offset by limitations of less ram in the Bionic.

Honestly, the ability to root and flash a custom rom with HTC could be the difference maker. Overclocking to 1.5 could make the advantage of the dual core less and, in some cases, the TBolt could be faster oc'd to 1.5ghz.

So I'm taking a wait and see approach. The other thing I'm disappointed about with the TBolt is lack of HDMI out. Sure, it has DLNA but only newer, high-end tv's support that (HDMI out is something I might use in the hotel to watch a movie or programs from my slingbox).

Ehhh, most likely the Bionic is the phone I'll get. Maybe Google eventually gets around to incorporating compcache when it gets perfected (sort of like JIT) and it solves any issues with inadequate ram.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Not to be an a** h*** but DF does have a pretty solid search function and this topic has been repeated over and over and over again...but to answer your question, I'll be getting which ever one has the better dev community.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Not to be an a** h*** but DF does have a pretty solid search function and this topic has been repeated over and over and over again...but to answer your question, I'll be getting which ever one has the better dev community.

No need to be nasty. The guy simply asked a question. In answer to his question, I plan on buying an HTC Thunderbolt as soon as it's available. The reasons: It's NOT manufactured by Motorola, it appears to have an unlocked bootloader and is ready to be rooted, it has a 4.3 inch screen, it is made by HTC, maker of the Droid Incredible, which I have and dearly love, and finally - it's NOT manufactured by Motorola. :)

-Mike

bje1982

Reaction score
Well I'll also advice to go with TB which is going to released soon ( Some says 24th) which comes with 1.5 Ghz processor which make phone faster one. Also Bionic likely to come Q2 to so you have to wait for few months to get it.
The thunderbolt has a single core 1ghz processor ...
The bionic is dual core. Silas long as the bootloader isn't locked I will go with the bionic.

Thunderbolt: Operating system: Android™ 2.2 + HTC Sense

Display: 4.3” WVGATFT capacitivetouch screen Camera: 8MP with autofocus, LED Flash (2x LED), 1.3MP front facing camera Memory: 8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™ WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth:2.1 with EDR (3.0 when available) GPS: GPS/AGPS Battery: 1400 mAh Special features: Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM8655, 1GHz, Qualcomm

sent....

rlfitz

Reaction score
I am going with the thunderbolt for the simple reason it comes out this week. Hopefully..

OP
A

andymellon4

Reaction score

I understand but I did search and I didn't find what I was looking exactly...i wanted to know wjay people generally liked more visually and all...so I thought id ask.....and I also think I might be getting the thunderbolt although the lg revolution looks amazing any body have an idea when that is due out?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bje1982

Reaction score
Well I'll also advice to go with TB which is going to released soon ( Some says 24th) which comes with 1.5 Ghz processor which make phone faster one. Also Bionic likely to come Q2 to so you have to wait for few months to get it.
The thunderbolt has a single core 1ghz processor ...
The bionic is dual core. Silas long as the bootloader isn't locked I will go with the bionic.

Thunderbolt: Operating system: Android™ 2.2 + HTC Sense

Display: 4.3” WVGATFT capacitivetouch screen Camera: 8MP with autofocus, LED Flash (2x LED), 1.3MP front facing camera Memory: 8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™ WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth:2.1 with EDR (3.0 when available) GPS: GPS/AGPS Battery: 1400 mAh Special features: Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM8655, 1GHz, Qualcomm

sent....
Sorry it was my mistake, I read spec of another Smartphone.:p Thanks for correction.

No problem. I wish it was 1.5 lol
sent....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
At first I was thinking Bionic, but now probably Thunderbolt only because from what I'm reading it'll be more dev friendly. I'm not getting it right away though, gonna see what everyone says before I make the plunge. I don't really care about dual core, it's not going to make my phone suddenly magical.

OP
A

andymellon4

Reaction score
Is the dual core really going to make a difference...I've been reading the dual core is pretty comparable to the amount of extra ram that the thunderbolt will have

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Unless specs have changed (again), aren't they both 1GB? Bionic was listed at 512 but I was told that was a error. So, I'm not sure what is correct now....I've seen both as correct.

OP
A

andymellon4

Reaction score
Unless specs have changed (again), aren't they both 1GB? Bionic was listed at 512 but I was told that was a error. So, I'm not sure what is correct now....I've seen both as correct.

From what i read the thunderbolt has a 768
and the bionic has a 512

but the bionic is dual core so .....

OP
A

andymellon4

Reaction score
Anyone know about this....also does anyone have a clue when the lg revolution is coming out

rubrown

Reaction score
They're both kick ass phones, for me, it really comes down to battery life.

As much as I love the incredible, it has to have the worst battery life of any smart phone I've seen. If the Thunderbolt goes the way of its little brother, then Bionic it will be. Even with a dual core, the Atrix is still getting up to 24hrs of battery with heavy use (as per endgadget).