Thunderbolt vs Bionic

Reaction score
Nevermind - here are some links, looks like it goes for about 90 Euros?, so you got it pretty close. Looks like I'll have to buy a new DLNA compatible TV to use this feature, because I definitely can't justify the cost of buying this when it comes to the States. My flatscreen is fairly old and due for an upgrade in a few months anyway.

HTC Media Link Review | Bluetooth and Phone Accessories | CNET UK

HTC Media Link unboxing [Video] - SlashGear

[video=youtube;apVfWrkHcV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apVfWrkHcV8[/video]

plshelpme2day

Reaction score
Nevermind - here are some links, looks like it goes for about 90 Euros?, so you got it pretty close. Looks like I'll have to buy a new DLNA compatible TV to use this feature, because I definitely can't justify the cost of buying this when it comes to the States. My flatscreen is fairly old and due for an upgrade in a few months anyway.

HTC Media Link Review | Bluetooth and Phone Accessories | CNET UK

HTC Media Link unboxing [Video] - SlashGear

YouTube - HTC Media Link Review

Would like to connect new phone to TV for:

1. running a particular work software program without firing up a pc
  2. watching video/pix
Do you think HDMI would give a more responsive connection than the wireless? Looks like the other difference is the wireless is not 1080p compatible.

Was originally waiting for Bionic vs TBolt...Would rather not wait for Bionic, so actually considering a Droid X now which of course has been out for quite a while...Need something to replace my Blackberry Bold by April.

UNC

Reaction score
My buddy connects his DX to his TV to play tons of emulated games with his Wiimote/classic controller combo. Its an awesome gaming console!

bigdad63

Reaction score
Time to start another argument. I just went to at&t and looked at the new htc inspire. It looks like it has about 4 and a half gigabytes of internal memory. It has an 8 megapixel camera that shoots high definition video. It has a really sharp aluminum body. It has a 1 gigahertz snapdragon processor. Oh, it has a super lcd screen that is 4.3 inches. They are selling it for 99 dollars with a contract. All I am saying is that I want whoever gets a thunderbolt to take it in to at&t and compare the TB screen with the super lcd screen on the $99 phone and come back to the forum and post if they think they got the next phone after their dream phone. Whoever made the decision to put that old screen on a new superphone should be slapped HARD on the back of the head and then fired. Don't take my word for it though, go look at the inspire (or the atrix which is supposed to drop Tuesday) and see for yourselves.:motdroidhoriz:

atmcgill97

Reaction score
I get a new phone in April. I have ikt down to the TB and the Bionic. Leaning towards TB because:
1. Bigger SD card
2. Sense 2.0
3. Will be out in April (I'm almost positive) and the Bionic won't.

SimGameIt

Reaction score
Wow finally done reading all 17 pages. Informative info and amusing with the bigger man part contests. I love the screen res arguments. I do gaming. Funny thing about alot of "serious gamers" is they are always talking about frame rates and boasting about them. And for some reason you cant get it through the idiots heads that the human eye only sees so many FPS. Anything more than that is not important. I dont think the difference in the TB and the Bionic screens will be very noticable.

I started out 2 years ago with a Blackberry Storm. I still somewhat love the phone. Im convinced its the best communication device out there. But RIM refuses to listen to the consumers and with that attitude they will always be behind the curve. We told RIM what we wanted and their answer was the ATT Torch which is an insult to current smartphone technology in my opinion.

Anyways a few months ago i came up for early upgrade. So i bought a D2 after a long debate between that and the DX. The physical keyboard won the debate. I love my D2. Its an awesome phone. But my other 2 phones go up for upgrade in late April. So im looking at the options now.

I will throw out some advice though. I notice like anything else we have some fanboys here. A really smart consumer wont buy something because of the brand that makes it. For instance, i am a fan of Fords. Reason being is facts not opinion. But about 6 years ago i bought an 88 pontiac bonneville for a huge cost of $300. I replaced the failing brake parks due to someone putting tranny fluid in the brakes and i have that car to this day and its been one of the best cars ive ever owned. And i despise GM with a passion. In fact the only reason i bought the car is it had the 3.8 V-6 which is the only good GM engine since the 70's. Ok enough rambling. Just be smart consumers not fanboy consumers. Not only will it get you a lesser product at some point but it also makes you look foolish. Thats also a fact, not just an opinion.

Im thinking of getting the TB. It appears to be a decent device and im too impatient to wait for the Bionic (honesty rules!).

I dont see this tragedy everyone refers to as motoblur. I havent even seen anything mentioned about it being on the D2 so im not sure if it has it or not. Which leads me to my question. What the heck is motoblur and sense?

I think Motorola makes good devices. Again im not a fanboy as im sure they have made plenty of junk ones too. I can say my D2 has been an awesome device.

To me its not an argument of who makes it. Im only concerned with performance. And i think its safe to say the TB will out perform my D2. Im anxious to have a FFC. Ive dreamed of video calls since i was a little boy. I will miss the physical keyboard though. I must say though ive played with the onscreen keyboard on my D2 and its a million times better than my Storms onscreen keyboard.

Of coarse with Verizons new venture they offer the Iphone now. But i wont go there as i could buy a $5 watch from walmart that would be more reliable and i could change the battery. LoLoLoL

So will someone please explain just what Motoblur and Sense is? Im a computer tech by hobby so i understand alot about technology. I just dont know what technology those names are reffering to.

dll1477

Reaction score
...So i bought a D2 after a long debate between that and the DX. The physical keyboard won the debate. I love my D2. Its an awesome phone...

...<misc fanboy speach>

... Im thinking of getting the TB. It appears to be a decent device and im too impatient to wait for the Bionic (honesty rules!).

...<misc honesty about the paticulars of moto versus HTC UI

welcome to the forum. one of the things I find interesting about your plan is that, after wrestling with the physical keyboard question and having the D2 win, you are considering the TB. will you be the primary user of the TB or still using the D2 as your primary phone? At least no one can accuse you of being a fanboy :D

'sense and 'blur are the respective mfgs UI on top of Android. thats hillarious that you don't see the the tragegy -- further evidence that you're not a fanboy! let the arguments begin... :D

alboboy10

Reaction score
Time to start another argument. I just went to at&t and looked at the new htc inspire. It looks like it has about 4 and a half gigabytes of internal memory. It has an 8 megapixel camera that shoots high definition video. It has a really sharp aluminum body. It has a 1 gigahertz snapdragon processor. Oh, it has a super lcd screen that is 4.3 inches. They are selling it for 99 dollars with a contract. All I am saying is that I want whoever gets a thunderbolt to take it in to at&t and compare the TB screen with the super lcd screen on the $99 phone and come back to the forum and post if they think they got the next phone after their dream phone. Whoever made the decision to put that old screen on a new superphone should be slapped HARD on the back of the head and then fired. Don't take my word for it though, go look at the inspire (or the atrix which is supposed to drop Tuesday) and see for yourselves.:motdroidhoriz:

I went to look at the inspire cause my gf wants to get it. Actually, the inspire is ATT's version of the TB and the atrix is their version of the bionic.

It did NOT have a 4 gb internal memory though, I checked it and had 7.39 which is basically 8 gb. 8 mp camera which took excellent pics (far better than DX) and the screen...hmmm it was really nice, stronger black and white colors and looked more crisp but I think it's because the screen colors are over saturated. The DX is the opposite of that, although the inspire looked nicer I think the DX still has a better screen. It did not have an SD card because ATT makes you buy them. And also, VERY important which is something I asked in this forum several times, no SWYPE! It did not have it....I'm guessing the TB won't either. I hope it does but this one didnt. I also don't like the keyboard that htc phones have, I have my DX far better.

For Verizon it's going to cost 250 to buy I think. They still haven't released prices for 4G.

I also got into an argument with the representative at ATT cause she kept telling me how they have surf and talk, and I told her that Verizon will have it with 4G...and then she said that ATT has had technology that verizon has been using now for the past 1 year, and that verizon doesnt have true 4G or some crap. Kind of got annoying

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I still dont get why anyone cares about sense or moroblur. Most people on this forum are using home replacement apps that are million times better than stock home like Launcher Pro and ADW.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

alboboy10

Reaction score
I also don't get why people keep complaining about Motoblur vs Sense...Is this the performance in the phones, or do they refer to the way the phones look? Because from what I've seen, the DX out performs the EVO.

SimGameIt

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. one of the things I find interesting about your plan is that, after wrestling with the physical keyboard question and having the D2 win, you are considering the TB. will you be the primary user of the TB or still using the D2 as your primary phone? At least no one can accuse you of being a fanboy :D

'sense and 'blur are the respective mfgs UI on top of Android. thats hillarious that you don't see the the tragegy -- further evidence that you're not a fanboy! let the arguments begin... :D

Thanks for the welcome. The TB will be my primary phone. We have 3 phones on our account but we only really need 2. So well probably get 2 TB's and my D2 will go back in its box to collect dust on the shelf just like my Storm is currently doing. I figure if something earth shattering comes out between then and when we can upgrade again ill add another phone to the account and let 2 phones sit. Then as the contract renews well drop the phones we dont use/need.

As for not seeing the tradgedy, i dont have any issues. My phone isnt sluggish and everything seems to work just fine. Maybe i dont see the tradgedy cause there isnt one. Im not saying Sense isnt better, i wouldnt know as ive never messed with an HTC phone versus my D2. My buddy that got me interested in Android phones to begin with hates his HTC Hero. Its really sluggish. Considering hes a computer engineer its safe to say he dont have alot of crap needlessly running on it all the time. I see people with PC's complaining all the time that a game sucks cause it runs laggy and i laugh at them. My computer is 6 years old and i play Bad Company 2 just fine yet these folks with the latest CPU's and DDR3 ram can barely run the game. Yet when you dig into the issue its cause they have 4 million programs running while gaming. So keep in mind smartphones are just like computers and usually the biggest issue is the person operating it.

Since the Bionic isnt going to have a physical keyboard either i guess i have to give it up. I really want that FFC!

I still dont get why anyone cares about sense or moroblur. Most people on this forum are using home replacement apps that are million times better than stock home like Launcher Pro and ADW.

Ahhhh a simple answer. Thanks!
I think i have Launcher Pro installed but i dont use it....yet. Hell i have so many toys on this phone it would take me another year to play with all the apps. So if all we are talking about is the launcher than the issue is moot with Motoblur vs Sense cause there are third party options which appear to be better than either (speculating on third party ones being better than Sense). My launcher works just fine stock but i love to customize things so eventually i want to use my own icons. Other than that i use SiMiFolder so i rarely even use the launcher anymore.

Whats sad is i almost have my phone exactly how i want it, and im going to get a new phone. LoL

dll1477

Reaction score
[Since the Bionic isnt going to have a physical keyboard either i guess i have to give it up. I really want that FFC!

yea the physical keyboard question is what's on my mind. I'm a "large physical keyboard" guy because I text a lot. -- my favorite keyboard was the LG Voyager. then it broke and the closest thing to it was this horrible little phone called the Envy touch. So at the moment I'm actually thinking of ditching the physical keyboard as well - in favor of the virtual (landscape mode) keyboards which are more spacious anyway! As advanced as my opposable thumbs are, they are rather large lol)

as for the UI tragedies, yea I wouldln't know either having used neither one!

oh, and believe it or not I'd like better VZW coverage inside my employer's building, and 700MHz LTE will probably do it!

I hear you on the bloatware. folks over at notebookreview.com are re-installing fresh Win7 bits just to cool things down, lol. I'm not one for heavy customizing, either. if something goes wrong I don't want the recovery experience to be so painful (I re-install Vista about 3 times per year... because my employer won't support win7)

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Thanks for the welcome. The TB will be my primary phone. We have 3 phones on our account but we only really need 2. So well probably get 2 TB's and my D2 will go back in its box to collect dust on the shelf just like my Storm is currently doing. I figure if something earth shattering comes out between then and when we can upgrade again ill add another phone to the account and let 2 phones sit. Then as the contract renews well drop the phones we dont use/need.

As for not seeing the tradgedy, i dont have any issues. My phone isnt sluggish and everything seems to work just fine. Maybe i dont see the tradgedy cause there isnt one. Im not saying Sense isnt better, i wouldnt know as ive never messed with an HTC phone versus my D2. My buddy that got me interested in Android phones to begin with hates his HTC Hero. Its really sluggish. Considering hes a computer engineer its safe to say he dont have alot of crap needlessly running on it all the time. I see people with PC's complaining all the time that a game sucks cause it runs laggy and i laugh at them. My computer is 6 years old and i play Bad Company 2 just fine yet these folks with the latest CPU's and DDR3 ram can barely run the game. Yet when you dig into the issue its cause they have 4 million programs running while gaming. So keep in mind smartphones are just like computers and usually the biggest issue is the person operating it.

Since the Bionic isnt going to have a physical keyboard either i guess i have to give it up. I really want that FFC!

Ahhhh a simple answer. Thanks!
I think i have Launcher Pro installed but i dont use it....yet. Hell i have so many toys on this phone it would take me another year to play with all the apps. So if all we are talking about is the launcher than the issue is moot with Motoblur vs Sense cause there are third party options which appear to be better than either (speculating on third party ones being better than Sense). My launcher works just fine stock but i love to customize things so eventually i want to use my own icons. Other than that i use SiMiFolder so i rarely even use the launcher anymore.

Whats sad is i almost have my phone exactly how i want it, and im going to get a new phone. LoL
Anyone complaining about motoblur or sense is simply stupid. Power users (AKA 90% of people on this forum) have a home replacement app and love customization. Just look at one of the biggest threads here, the share your setup thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops-946.html

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
[Since the Bionic isnt going to have a physical keyboard either i guess i have to give it up. I really want that FFC!

yea the physical keyboard question is what's on my mind. I'm a "large physical keyboard" guy because I text a lot. -- my favorite keyboard was the LG Voyager. then it broke and the closest thing to it was this horrible little phone called the Envy touch. So at the moment I'm actually thinking of ditching the physical keyboard as well - in favor of the virtual (landscape mode) keyboards which are more spacious anyway! As advanced as my opposable thumbs are, they are rather large lol)

oh, and believe it or not I'd like better VZW coverage inside my employer's building, and 700MHz LTE will probably do it!

I hear you on the bloatware. folks over at notebookreview.com are re-installing fresh Win7 bits just to cool things down, lol. I'm not one for heavy customizing, either. if something goes wrong I don't want the recovery experience to be so painful (I re-install Vista about 3 times per year... because my employer won't support win7)

The physical keyboard is the only thing I'm worried about. I have no doubt the TB (being my first smart phone) will outperform my LG Voyager in every possible way, but I love having a physical keyboard...someone please help ease my fears

rage151

Reaction score

The physical keyboard is the only thing I'm worried about. I have no doubt the TB (being my first smart phone) will outperform my LG Voyager in every possible way, but I love having a physical keyboard...someone please help ease my fears
I was an old physical keyboard junkie until I got the Storm 1, now the OG Droid. As with anything new, a learning curve exists. Give it a week or two and once you've gotten used to it, you will fly. Especially if you use Skype.

I've installed an HTC keyboard on my Droid and it is very user friendly. I would imagine the TB's will be even better.