Thunderbolt turns off randomly

tiffyiee

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt started turning off randomly, both when it's on standby and when I was using it. I don't think it's the battery because in both cases, the battery was at least 50% charged. Pressing the power button does nothing and plugging it into the charger does not yield the orange charging LED. The only solution I've come up with so far is removing the battery and reinserting it and only then will the phone turn on. Has anyone else experienced this or have any clue what's wrong? I've had this phone for about a month, and so far it's been great!

squire

Reaction score
Just got off the phone w/ verizon, they are having me do a factory reset on the phone. Am having this same problem. If the reset doesnt work, they said i'll need a new phone. I'll post up if it starts happening again.

thegrinch1999

Reaction score
just bought a thunderbolt and had it a week and ahlaf and it started doing the same thing. They replaced the phone, how did you make out?

DroidCaliber

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. I havent taken it to verizon yet but I plan to do so. I am going to try the factory reset.

gcrawley

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have had the same problem with my Thunderbolt. It turns off randomly with the battery at still in the green. The only way to get it to turn back on is to pull the battery and reinsert.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
same issue here as well and they sent me a new phone after having the 1st one for a week !
Im afraid to down load the new firm ware in fear of the issue happeneding again !

tommyb38

Reaction score
It is a known issue and getting a new phone will only help if it is still the old firmware. HTC is a working on a fix for the issue, but there is no timeline. So, in short, if you do get a replacement or someone reading this gets a new T-Bolt, do not download the firmware update and you should be fine. I know I activated a couple upgrades yesterday and there was no prompt for the new firmware, so hopefully it has been pulled from the que and will not be available for download anymore.