Thunderbolt Thoughts

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid "broke", so I had to get a new phone. Figured I'd try a touchscreen only device. Here are my thoughts on the phone, followedby a few questions.

1) 4G is incredibly fast. 3MBps down/1MBps up
2) While I am still getting used to the touchscreen keyboard, I believe that it will be just as fast typing as if I had a physical keyboard.
3) Connectbot is sorta hard to use at this point.
4) The phone is very sexy, installed a Zagg on it yesterday and my Seigio Surface II gets here tomorrow.
5) So far battery life seems ok. Better than ly aged rooted Droid.
6) I am extremely pissed at HTC's bloatware that you cannpt remove; But I hid the apps using LauncherPro, so at least I do not see them.

So:
1) Of the market keyboards, is there any worth trying/buying?
2) Anyone have any tips that I may not know of because I am used the the Motorola Droid?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Swiftkey is nice. It's a paid app, but I got it when the Amazon app store gave it away for free.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Swiftkey is nice. It's a paid app, but I got it when the Amazon app store gave it away for free.

+1
Swiftkey is the one and only keyboard i would use.

One thing I would add about Swiftkey is that in the beginning, the predictive text is so so, but as it learns you, it gets better and better.

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Well I tried the Amazon app store a while back...didn't want my apps fragmented between two markets....now I will be checking the Amazon app store daily. Giving Swiftkey a try now.

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
First reply using SwiftKey right now. Even at this point this is lightyears ahead of the stock keyboard app. I do not mind at all to buy this application for this price. Thanks!

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Any more suggestions for a touchscreen only device?

Xak02

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the stock HTC keyboard. Someone suggested gingerbread keyboard for Android or something like that.
I love it, it's like the d1 again.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bassmankc

Reaction score
+1 for the gingerbread keyboard.. a market search will bring it up... It called keyboard for android 2.3+ or something along those lines. Good luck, enjoy your Bolt!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Z06_Mir

Reaction score

I did this too, i really enjoy it. I was told to buy better keyboard but I'm so used to this item don't want to change. It's much better than the stock keyboard. I don't miss my droid at all, i thought I would miss the keyboard but nope. This touch screen is a lot more intuitive.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.