Thunderbolt Rooting problem

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, there are 3 files needed - the 399mb, the 459mb, and the exploits (busybox, etc).
I had them in /sd/download so I could move them to /sd vs having two zips named PG05IMG.zip on my SD root at the same time.

You need both the PG05IMG and the RUU. You will rename the RUU "PG05IMG.zip" and place it on the root of your SD card. When your phone boots back up, you delete that one and move the zip that's already named that to the root of your SD and proceed from there.

Ran into a problem. I can't get through step # 7. I made it through the whole thing but then was listening to some different directions that told me to install the 399mb version of the PG05IMG as opposed to the 459MB, so after completing the 459 I went to install what I thought was the 399mb and now I'm stuck.
Any ideas??

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

@ Nate....be part of the solution or don't answer.
@ Droid... I am a little lost. I understand that I don't need to open them as I got to step 7. I have one file that is 399mb and another that is 459mb and the last one that I already used which is exploits. Are you saying that I should have BOTH the 399AND the 459 on my card at the same time?? The instructions told me to use the 459 earlier, which I did with success, and delete it off the card. Pardon the ignorance but I'm working this as hard as i can.

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
The one that was 459mb worked perfectly and I was able to continue. But when I try the one that is 399mb it starts the blue line starts up the side like it's loading and then a brown line goes up to the top but then it just stops and takes me to the bootloader screen without it being completed.
SOOOOOO close but soo far

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Still stuck. Redownloaded the 399mb but it starts but kicks me out after it partially starts loading. I had success downloading the 459mb file but not the 399mb file.

This is ridiculous. I have nearly 12 hours invested and still cannot get it right
Please give me some instruction.
I'm obviously doing something wrong

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's on the root of your SD, right?

Still stuck. Redownloaded the 399mb but it starts but kicks me out after it partially starts loading. I had success downloading the 459mb file but not the 399mb file.

This is ridiculous. I have nearly 12 hours invested and still cannot get it right

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
I don't understand what that means. In case I do have it running and just don't know it. I carried on through 7 and everything took. I'm downloading superuser now. Would it have let me continue if it was not set up correctly?

robdec17

Reaction score

Dude slow down and take a deep breath. You should only have 3 files .
1) exploits.zip Unzipped somewhere and files used already by adb push
2) RUU_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.03.605.10_Radio_1.02.00.0103_2r_NV_8k_1.37_9k_1.52_release_165253_signed.zip renamed to PG05IMG.zip and put on the SD card in step 4. Once that was completed delete the file from the sdcard.
3)PG05IMG.zip put this file in the root of the sdcard for step 7 then "adb reboot bootloader" Choose the bootloader option and press power; let the ROM flash. When asked to upgrade, choose yes.

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Sorry. Frustration is sitting in. I have the 399MB sitting in the card but it's just sitting at the very bottom in a zip file. It is not installed in anything else.
I went ahead and loaded all the other things in #7 and they all took.
Probably wasn't a good idea.
I'm taking a step down here and trying to think of where this could be wrong.
Hard to imagine that I run a corporation ehh???

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! "Root of your SD" means "Not in a folder". If you have a file manager on your phone (ie Astro, Androzip, etc), it will say "/sd" at the top which is the sd root.

Dude slow down and take a deep breath. You should only have 3 files .
1) exploits.zip Unzipped somewhere and files used already by adb push
2) RUU_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.03.605.10_Radio_1.02.00.0103_2r_NV_8k_1.37_9k_1.52_release_165253_signed.zip renamed to PG05IMG.zip and put on the SD card in step 4. Once that was completed delete the file from the sdcard.
3)PG05IMG.zip put this file in the root of the sdcard for step 7 then "adb reboot bootloader" Choose the bootloader option and press power; let the ROM flash. When asked to upgrade, choose yes.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nah, learning something new can be frustrating at times, no worries. Anyone can install SuperUser but it won't work with root access. I'd jump over to the irc and get help from the developers that made this...they're awesome guys!

Sorry. Frustration is sitting in. I have the 399MB sitting in the card but it's just sitting at the very bottom in a zip file. It is not installed in anything else.
I went ahead and loaded all the other things in #7 and they all took.
Probably wasn't a good idea.
I'm taking a step down here and trying to think of where this could be wrong.
Hard to imagine that I run a corporation ehh???

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
OK. I have it as an winrar zip file alone by itself at the bottom of the list on my sd card. Again, the first file in #4 worked perfectly. It opened and the phone did its thing and I moved on to # 5. Just when I got to #7 it was fine until I performed to adb reboot bootloader. It started off ok. it could not find some files on the first screen but the blue line (loading) went to the top and continued until it was brown. It started up loading(brown) but when it got to the top it didn't give me options. I made certain that it wasn't .zip.zip etc...

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Oh....I'm mounted as a disk drive and debugging is activated

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Being that I'm too much of a dumbass to figure this out from #7.
Do I now need to do something to get what rooting I did OFF my phone to get it back to normal??

Can't waste another entire day on this.
Beyond frustrated and I'll never get this day back.:icon_evil: