Thunderbolt Rooting problem

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
You got it Rob...5 minutes remaining. Should I redo everything or just go from where I was?

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
PG05IMG_old.zip - SFX ZIP archive, unpacked size 981,057,570 bytes

robdec17

Reaction score
Oh you showing the unpack size! Dont unzip it , rename it to PG05IMG.zip copy the entire zip file as is to the root of the SD card. Then
adb reboot bootloader
Choose the bootloader option and press power; let the ROM flash.

It should auto detect the file.

robdec17

Reaction score
OK I need to run. Let me know how you make out. Ill check back when I get home.

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
I had a little trouble with my second time around but I'm now on my second round of updates. On now to step 7.

You are the greatest and there is no way I could have done this without you.
If you need ANYTHING - just ask...If i can't help..I will find someone who can...
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with this once it's done but I'm sure I will learn. I want to overclock when I'm using it and underclock when it's not being used so this battery will last a bit longer

robdec17

Reaction score
No problem. Glad to help. The Bolt is very fast so be careful overclocking it..... You can do some damage. First thing you need to do is buy titanium backup and freeze the bloatware!

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Ran into a problem. I can't get through step # 7. I made it through the whole thing but then was listening to some different directions that told me to install the 399mb version of the PG05IMG as opposed to the 459MB, so after completing the 459 I went to install what I thought was the 399mb and now I'm stuck.
Any ideas??

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You need both the PG05IMG and the RUU. You will rename the RUU "PG05IMG.zip" and place it on the root of your SD card. When your phone boots back up, you delete that one and move the zip that's already named that to the root of your SD and proceed from there.

Ran into a problem. I can't get through step # 7. I made it through the whole thing but then was listening to some different directions that told me to install the 399mb version of the PG05IMG as opposed to the 459MB, so after completing the 459 I went to install what I thought was the 399mb and now I'm stuck.
Any ideas??

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

nateccnn

Reaction score
Back the truck up <beeeeep> <beeeeep> <beeeeep>

Get one set of instructions. Download the files asscoiated with those instructions. Follow those instructions only. Start back with Step 1 and continue until you are done. You're all over the board here.

Remember that the updates are done with a zip extension. They do not need to be unpacked or unzipped. The recovery process wants to see the file in a zip format. The RAR failes need to be unpackaged or unzipped. Any download file that has a zip extension, only unzip it if the instructions specifically say to unzip that file.

Nate

Last edited:
OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
You need both the PG05IMG and the RUU. You will rename the RUU "PG05IMG.zip" and place it on the root of your SD card. When your phone boots back up, you delete that one and move the zip that's already named that to the root of your SD and proceed from there.

Any ideas??

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

@ Nate....be part of the solution or don't answer.
@ Droid... I am a little lost. I understand that I don't need to open them as I got to step 7. I have one file that is 399mb and another that is 459mb and the last one that I already used which is exploits. Are you saying that I should have BOTH the 399AND the 459 on my card at the same time?? The instructions told me to use the 459 earlier, which I did with success, and delete it off the card. Pardon the ignorance but I'm working this as hard as i can.

OP
wascapsfan

wascapsfan

Reaction score
I just tried the 399mb which was actually 408mb and it failed. My screen says Mecha XD SHIP S-ON. It starts the reconfigure but stops after the second line gets to the top.
Suggestions?