Thunderbolt Rooting problem

Muteki

Reaction score
Now I saved my old rom using rom manager. Then loaded a new rom and that loaded right. Problem now is it's stuck on the load screen and froze. Now I need real help. Damn this sucks

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can turn your phone off then hold volume down and press power...it will boot up and you can try to flash again or restore from your back up

buschbarber

Reaction score
Rooting Thunderbolt

I successfully Rooted my Thunderbolt. It is working fine. Yesterday, a friend asked me to help him Root his Thunderbolt. We followed the same process that I did. Everything looked OK and S-Off appeared on the Bootloader screen.

I installed Superuser, from the Market and Rom Manager. When I launched Superuser, it prompted me to install an Update. I then received the following message:

An error occurred and su was not updated. A zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on you sdcard. Please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary.

Rom Manager indicates I do not have Root permissions. I reboot into the Bootloader menu and choose Recovery. All I get is an image of a phone and a Red Triangle. I have to pull the battery to reboot. The phone boots normally and works fine, but no Root permissions. The zip file I referenced is on the SD card but I do not know how to Flash it.

wooddale

Reaction score
I successfully Rooted my Thunderbolt. It is working fine. Yesterday, a friend asked me to help him Root his Thunderbolt. We followed the same process that I did. Everything looked OK and S-Off appeared on the Bootloader screen.

I installed Superuser, from the Market and Rom Manager. When I launched Superuser, it prompted me to install an Update. I then received the following message:

An error occurred and su was not updated. A zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on you sdcard. Please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary.

Rom Manager indicates I do not have Root permissions. I reboot into the Bootloader menu and choose Recovery. All I get is an image of a phone and a Red Triangle. I have to pull the battery to reboot. The phone boots normally and works fine, but no Root permissions. The zip file I referenced is on the SD card but I do not know how to Flash it.
If you can find Droid Does PM him he will help you

stopswitch

Reaction score
What I would do is push psneuter to /data/local, chmod 777 to psneuter, then run psneuter. Now when you run adb shell you should have root. Now remount /system with read write permissions, push su to system/xbin then chown 0:0 to it and chmod 6777 it, now you should have su ready. Restart your phone and now you should have superuser and try running rom manager now. I had to do this to get superuser to run correctly, basically what your doing is getting su to work correctly with your system because for some reason clockwork mod is not accessing superuser correctly. Without gaining superuser permissions you will not get recovery to flash correctly.

buschbarber

Reaction score
What I would do is push psneuter to /data/local, chmod 777 to psneuter, then run psneuter. Now when you run adb shell you should have root. Now remount /system with read write permissions, push su to system/xbin then chown 0:0 to it and chmod 6777 it, now you should have su ready. Restart your phone and now you should have superuser and try running rom manager now. I had to do this to get superuser to run correctly, basically what your doing is getting su to work correctly with your system because for some reason clockwork mod is not accessing superuser correctly. Without gaining superuser permissions you will not get recovery to flash correctly.

I am not as familiar with adb as you are. Could you type out the syntax for each command, in order, exactly as it should appear, so I know exactly what to execute and when. I am good at following procedures.

Thanks very much.