Thunderbolt Recovery Issues (please help)

pcLFC

Reaction score
After breaking the screen of my old tb, I used insurance to get a new one. I rooted it via the same process as my old one, but since completing the root I haven't been able to enter recovery to flash a ROM. I've tried through hboot and ROM Manager but every time it begins to enter recovery a screen pops up displaying a phone and a triangle exclamation point warning sign. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does ROM Manager say that Clockworkmod is installed? Sounds to me like you still only have the stock recovery.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
P

pcLFC

Reaction score
That worked. Yeah I don't think it was fully updated. But now I'm having another issue with it. I began to flash a ROM and after it had all finished and it began to reboot it froze on the Thunderbolt screen. I've rebooted it many times and it keeps freezing right there or a black screen after. Any ideas for this? Might just need to factory reset it.

OP
P

pcLFC

Reaction score
Was able to fix after additional wipes and re flashing the ROM through recovery. Thanks for your help getting me into recovery though!

Ficarra

Reaction score
Before starting another thread, I'll post in here to see if anyone can help.

I flashed bamf 2.0 and the GB radio last night. It ran like crap. Very buggy and laggy. I tried a different kernel, and that seemed to help, but it was still unbearable.

So I went to restore my nandroid backup of bamf 1.6.3 and I keep getting an error.

error formatting /system

I tried several times, no luck. I ended up just re-flashing 1.6.3 and starting over. Any idea?