Thunderbolt or Dinc2?

ZBacks

Reaction score
4G will probably never be available where I live (dont have 3G yet) and the screen size is not that important. So with that info how do these phones differ?

loki993

Reaction score
From what Ive seen, the Dinc2 is just a 4 inch TB without 4G. Same processor, same memory, same resolution I believe. dontknow if 4G wasnt a concern I might go with the Dinc just becasue it should be more pocketable. dont know if thats a concern for you or not. The big screen can be nice though, especially when trying to use a virtual keyboard.

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
Thats what i thought, looks like the Dinc 2 is in my future!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Incredible also has excellent battery life! And they say the cam is better then the tbolt as well.

Is it shipping with gbread?

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read the cam was the exact same as the Bolt

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score
Too bad there isn't a side by side comparison of the two, looks like this is going to be a very common question over the next couple of weeks, lol!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
DINC2 Drops on 4/28

Beardface

Reaction score
Well...

Is your area going to get 4G anytime over the next 2 years, and if/when it does, will you want to use it?

Cause right now, you'll be locked in for 2 years, and you'll be paying the exact same price per month for either the TB or DI2. However, with the TB, you'll get 4G once its turned on, and thats something that you will not experience with the DI2.

Price per month, it makes more sense to go with the TB. You get more out of your plan for the same price. Upfront costs might lean toward the DI2, though, but likely only slightly.

matt2783

Reaction score
4G will probably never be available where I live (dont have 3G yet) and the screen size is not that important. So with that info how do these phones differ?

Where do you live that you don't have 3g? And why would you pay for 3g data ($30/month) if you can't use it?

Anyway, I'd go for the Inc2 if I were sure 4g wouldn't be around in the next 20 months. I like the 4 inch form better than 4.3 and it should have better battery life.

Mrwirez

Reaction score

Where do you live that you don't have 3g? And why would you pay for 3g data ($30/month) if you can't use it?

Anyway, I'd go for the Inc2 if I were sure 4g wouldn't be around in the next 20 months. I like the 4 inch form better than 4.3 and it should have better battery life.

Not me.. T-bolt and 4.3" of real estate = BONUS!!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If you don't care or don't have 4G, I honestly lean towards the Inc2. I like the slightly smaller screen and form factor. It's just a hair larger than the regular Inc. Plus I understand the battery life is MUCH better.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Well since you wont use the mobile network, either should work fine. Its more of a matter of 4 inch vs 4.3 inch. Go into a store and see which feels better(fyi-Pocketnow said the Incredible 2(S) felt kind of cheap and I can personally say the TB feels very solid and high quality) At least with the TB, if you go out of town to a 4g area you will be able to experience the speeds, and unlimited LTE might not be 29.99 forever. Better to have it and not use it than not have it at all.

OP
Z

ZBacks

Reaction score

I live in Sonora, CA. Verizon technically doesn't cover my area but does have a tower sharing agreement with the local company. Problem is that 3G is in my area but only on the local companies network and only 1x if your with Verizon. Plus side is when I leave town I get fast speeds and the local companies customers only get 1x outside of Sonora.

Outside of data the local company has much better coverage than ATT and that is the primary reason I switched. 75% of the time I have access to Wifi.