Thunderbolt last me only 6 hours!!

Ucantfakefresh

Reaction score
No matter what I do either using my phone or just having it idle it dies in 6 hours. Any suggestions?

cpjr

Reaction score
I suggest reading one of the several huge threads on this forum regarding TB battery issues....

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
No matter what I do either using my phone or just having it idle it dies in 6 hours. Any suggestions?

Using a task killer? If so stop...

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

OP
U

Ucantfakefresh

Reaction score
I am using super box if you know what it is. And just got system panel yesterday bc in 1 of these threads they said it's a good app to be able to look over phone

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm not using any apps to kill tasks or make the battery better, idk I don't trust apps that tell you they will make the battery better.

Just changed all my sync settings, brightness, blockbuster, and the rest of the advice in the forums and my phone if used lightly can last 30+ hours

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I am using super box if you know what it is. And just got system panel yesterday bc in 1 of these threads they said it's a good app to be able to look over phone

Uninstall super box and see how it changes battery life. It's a task killer which does more harm than good. It's got WAY TOO MUCH going on!

Read this:
http://m.lifehacker.com//5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
Unrooted..how do you kill all that stuff you have been opening and backing out of that does not have a options to Exit, or close w/o the kill app, you just use the back button to back out ..right? But it is still running somewhere? Also does having one of the Battery check Apss too eat up battery?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Unrooted..how do you kill all that stuff you have been opening and backing out of that does not have a options to Exit, or close w/o the kill app, you just use the back button to back out ..right? But it is still running somewhere? Also does having one of the Battery check Apss too eat up battery?

When you back out of an app, that app does not actually keep running in the background. Think of it as a bookmark. When the Android system needs more memory to run another task it will automatically kill off tasks that are of the lowest priority. Essentially Android has a built in task killer that manages itself far better than any of those task killer apps. This is not just my opinion, it is absolute fact. STOP using task killers!!! They do far more harm than good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

Task killers kill processes that android keeps in place to make your phone faster and more efficient. When those processes are left open they don't run anything or use any resources. When you kill the processes with a task killer android opens them right back up anyway, essentially using more battery than if you had just left them open. This being said, auto kill especially is the devil!

Don't worry about what happens to the app when you hit home or back, instead be aware of the apps you use with push notifications. I.E. Weather bug. It's a great app, but if you set it to update every 15 minutes it will drain far more battery than if you set it to 3 hours.

I also recommend placing a shortcut on your homescreen for settings/Running services. If you want to see what's running and close apps that may not be needed, I.E. google maps, you can force stop them from there without causing the problems of a task killer.

As for battery monitors, just experiment with them and see what works for you. I've been rooted with custom roms for so long I can't remember what I used to use.

Hope this helps...

bhall238

Reaction score

I also recommend placing a shortcut on your homescreen for settings/Running services. If you want to see what's running and close apps that may not be needed, I.E. google maps, you can force stop them from there without causing the problems of a task killer.

I like that idea. Thanks.

OP
U

Ucantfakefresh

Reaction score

I like that idea. Thanks.

How do you get the running services on your home screen? Do you gotta buy an app or is there something already on the phone?