Thunderbolt General Discussion - This is Not A Release Date Discussion

shortsxit

Reaction score
Regarding the battery, if the Incredible had a 1300 MaH battery and was bad with battery on 3g, i dont see how the TB could be better(with a larger screen and 4g. Does anyone know how the new Snaps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

They say its because the new next gen processor and 4G are supposed to be more efficient. We'll see, but I would plan on investing in an extended battery.

Heck, I already bought and have in my posession 3 additional 1500 mah batteries!

Now I just need a phone to put them in!

Lol, I like the way you think!

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the G2 or Desire HD (they have the same type of processor as the TB), if so how are they on battery?

rushmore

Reaction score
Inc verses TB, there are a few key things:

Inc 65nm chipset & TB 45nm chipset

Inc 3.7 display & TB 4.3 display

Inc 3G & TB 4G

If 4G is off, the net result SHOULD be about same battery life as Incredible, since more efficient chipset offset by bigger display.

As far as 4G, it is a battery hog. More bandwidth equals more voltage (more power consumption).

C5Vette

Reaction score
They say its because the new next gen processor and 4G are supposed to be more efficient. We'll see, but I would plan on investing in an extended battery.

Heck, I already bought and have in my posession 3 additional 1500 mah batteries!

Now I just need a phone to put them in!

Lol, I like the way you think!

Thanks! They nixed my other thread. I didn't mean it disrespectfully at all. I simply said that information was something that kept me coming back to this forum. I wasn't speculating either. Oh well.....I just got my warning.....Sorry guys.... I was just speaking my mind. I didn't expect to be threatened with a ban for a little levity.....

C5Vette

kparks

Reaction score
i have sprint and when this comes out im switching to it my question is can i get a 1 year family plan?

ickbe

Reaction score
I just wanted to get someone's input on if there truly is a difference between a single and a duel core in a phone. I know in a computer it makes a difference but would it truly in a phone? I'm just trying to compare the TB with the Bionic.

One other thing to note is that the tegra 2, at least to my knowledge, is a synchronous dual-core chip. I've been wondering why no one has mentioned that yet. That basically means when both cores are on, they're going to be running at the same speeds. You can see how that will affect power draw. As far as I know, the only dual-core chip that's asynchronous is snapdragon, and even then, so far it's only shipping in the touchpad.

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems getting onto verizon wireless website? It says its down temporarily

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
I would b excited if this is what I hope it means. But anyway at wrk for VZW its getting do much buzz ppl are coming in asking differences. I tell em sense better than blur but the guy today liked the blur. I shuddered. He understood. But hey he is a Droid user. I am watchin an incredible commercial now
Woooohoooooo maybe its a big update hint hint lol......

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

BullNole

Reaction score
I can get to Verizon wireless' homepage but when I log into my account is where I see the "temporarily unavailable" sections. It's 2:03AM on the East coast and still seeing issues with the site. Maybe we can read something positive into it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Site is back up here. Sorry, looks to have been a false alarm. It was updated, but for the iPad 2 release, not the Thunderbolt.

And please, don't take off with Apple rants on this news. ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just wanted to get someone's input on if there truly is a difference between a single and a duel core in a phone. I know in a computer it makes a difference but would it truly in a phone? I'm just trying to compare the TB with the Bionic.

One other thing to note is that the tegra 2, at least to my knowledge, is a synchronous dual-core chip. I've been wondering why no one has mentioned that yet. That basically means when both cores are on, they're going to be running at the same speeds. You can see how that will affect power draw. As far as I know, the only dual-core chip that's asynchronous is snapdragon, and even then, so far it's only shipping in the touchpad.

Right now LG optimus 3d will be the only device making full use of its dual core chips. Tegra 2 would be nice the way it was if it was not for blur. I think late this year we will start seeing devices fully able to take advantage as google also optimizes its os to accommodate multiple core processors.