Thunderbolt General Discussion - This is Not A Release Date Discussion

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Munstir, Mar 5, 2011.

1. shortsxit

shortsxit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How far into the future did you go? Are there still people on this forum saying that their insiders told them that it's only two more weeks? Was the release moved back because of the iPhone 6?

2. wedge40

wedge40 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If could go into the future, the last thing I'd be looking at would be if this phone is released. I'd get a paper and find all the lottery numbers.

3. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    LOL soo true

4. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,394
    The thunderbolt is coming vzw would not have an app that is just for employees to put on demo phones if it was not coming. I expect to see it in the coming weeks.

5. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    do they have demo phones of the TB at verizon stores now??

6. Shelooga

Shelooga Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i know it is coming, but i just wanted to throw in some dramatics to release my frustration pc.

Although i have been to the future and its a scary place...

7. Drew_P

Drew_P Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If you were stuck in the future with no plutonium, couldn't you use the thunderbolt to start the flux capacitor? Or does a thunderbolt have less gigawatts than a lightning bolt? Hmmmm.......

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

8. stuigi

stuigi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "If you were stuck in the future with no plutonium, couldn't you use the thunderbolt to start the flux capacitor? Or does a thunderbolt have less gigawatts than a lightning bolt? Hmmmm......."

Right now the Thunderbolt couldn't destroy a brain cell

#284 stuigi, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. madkoda

madkoda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering....does anyone know if the thunderbolt will come with the htc hub? Or of it will come later on in an update?

10. LittleLebowski

LittleLebowski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see two mentions of an unlimited LTE data plan on VZW; is there any substance to this?

11. Sleeve

Sleeve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Substance? No, but an in-store rep said they're going to do 4g like they do 3g at least until summer to get people to grandfather. That's an answer other than "we don't know, they don't tell us anything." But, it's still from an employee in a store and that's not worth a lot.

12. swamp

swamp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do the carriers most often offer grandfathering? Since I am on AT&T now I am waiting to switch to VZW until right when the TB comes out. Obviously looking forward to better reception and a killer new phone. However, if I can get unlimited 3G data at $30/month and have that grandfathered over to the TB and 4G, I would just cruise over to BB and buy an Incredible ASAP (for exchange, obviously). I know we can't predict exactly what they will do but I'm curious about grandfathering in general from VZW and from other carriers. What has been done in the past?

As an aside all of this charging for data in a tiered fashion just reeks of the early days of dialup and ISPs who charged by the minute (often outrageously). The obvious competitive trend that worked there was unlimited data, fixed price. If we cannot get that also by mobile today it only means there is not enough competition. I certainly realize VZW will only do what it thinks will absolutely maximize profits. Unfortunately I believe the greed of tiered plans is simply so flagrant it will absolutely hurt them. It is a tough line to walk as well since 4G is not incredibly wide spread yet. Charging folks for what they can't use yet is also terrible (in the eyes of a customer).

Last but not least the distinction between mobile broadband say on a USB device for a laptop and data for a mobile phone is a distinction I just cant swallow. Mobile is mobile and data is data. Who cares if the data is sent to a 4" screen or a 15" one. The value is identical and the price should be as well. Having the data card plans priced higher again only says to me that VZWs thinking is "hmmm OK this is a business customer, they will pay more so we should charge more". I even a bit surprised that those devices continue to sell. Who doesn't have a mobile with data capability? Praise the lord for jailbreaking and rooting that allows one to totally mask this distinction (i.e. tethering).

Search tags for this page

what does 16 gb emmc mean