Thunderbolt crashing after 2.2.1 update HELP!!!!

95delslow

Reaction score
So my buddy's thunderbolt crashes about 2 or 3 times a day after 2.2.1. Update and we've tried the hard reset and it didn't do anything.... anyone know what to do or having similar problems?

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
Seriously need help on this if anyone can help! :)

Family_First
95 K Swapped Del Sol

johnd09

Reaction score
If it is just cutting off and rebooting it is a known issue. We are waiting for an OTA update to fix it. If you are not against flashing it manually, there is a post on here about MR2 which has a leaked version you can install. I'm waiting on the OTA, probably will come close to the end of the month.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
So my buddy's thunderbolt crashes about 2 or 3 times a day after 2.2.1. Update and we've tried the hard reset and it didn't do anything.... anyone know what to do or having similar problems?

Boss, flash it you will not regret it... I flashed mine right after purchase and is working like a dream No FC's, lijghtning fast! Enjoying it after 1.5 weeks

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
We did the reset and it is still crashing but not a frequent.... hhhmmm whats this MR2 download??? Toyota make that? =-P

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
Idk what flashing is but i lifted mt shirt at it a couple of times and it didnt do anything.... =-P do you have to download the flash from your computer??

johnd09

Reaction score
MR2 is maintenance release 2 which fixes the problems caused by MR 1. You have to download it with your computer, put it into the root folder on the SD card. Then turn the phone off. When you turn it back on hold the power and volume down key and it should go into the bootloader and start flashing it. I haven't did it, but that is what I understand the process is. Find the thread that has the update and they have the instructions. I am just waiting for the update to come ota.
Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
I posted this on the MR2 thread... this might help... you guys more on whats going on with the phone...

"I have a question!? A buddy of mine has a T.B. and he did the 2.2.1 update and it now restarts all the time threw out the day...??? I dont really know whats up with that? We did the hard reset and its kinda helped but it still does it but not as often. He has an LTE switch to keep his phone from getting 4G because he was told that 4G can kill your battery. Is this true? And if anyone may know whats going on with all the random restarts please let me know! =) oh and it restarts almost everytime he takes a phone call... Idk if that helps but let me know! Thanks so much! This forum is awesome!"

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
Nooooo idea lol

Family_First
95 K Swapped Del Sol

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Yes, your phone needs to b rooted to enable to flash files i recommend rooting if u want to experience full potential of ur device and resolve all ur issues

OP

95delslow

Reaction score
How do you root phones? Is that like think connecting it to the computer? Sorry kinda new to this

Family_First
95 K Swapped Del Sol

beeholtz

Reaction score
ive been seriously considering doing it however the only reason i havent is because of the fact that it voids my manufacturers warranty.... so if something does break wiithin my first year and then i have to pay for it or get a new phone.. kinda not worth it so i think i may wait tll my one year is up... but rooting is something ive been researching since i got this thing march 17 when it came out

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Ive bben rooting since my droid 1 i never had a problem with warranty. Thing is if ur returning phone to vzn because of an issue b4 u do so need to revert bak 2 stock pretty much ur locking ur phone bak up vzn wont ever know. This is my experiience with my droid. I havent had my TB too long or had any issues to look into unrooting my phone. In any case if unrooting was to b an issue ill just deal thrgh my insurance pay d $85 is worth my xperience and my unlocked TB.