Thunderbolt Contacts not updating in google

rustinq

Reaction score
I was used to having my contacts on my phone be the same as what was in my google contact list. now it seems that HTC contacts are stored on the phone and when I add one, it doesnt sync with my google contacts. Is there a setting that I can change to only use google contacts and not the local "people" contact list? or is there an app that I can install that would replace the "people" contact list? I dont want my contacts local to my phone. I want my google contact list to be my only contact list.

cpjr

Reaction score
The people app also syncs with your google account. Make sure you have sync turned on inside settings.

OP
R

rustinq

Reaction score
The people app also syncs with your google account. Make sure you have sync turned on inside settings.

I have sync turned on for google and contacts is checked. I am not able to find where to turn on sync in People. In the people app i can link a contact in google with a local contact, but it doesnt sync that info up with google.

Screwbal

Reaction score
Had any luck sorting this out or finding a fix? Or can the masses confirm if this is/should be working? My GF and I now sync our iPhone address book on our phones through gmail with one account and it works great for us. I can't imagine going back to trying to manage our phones separately and keeping the consistent through manual labor.

ionide

Reaction score
When you add a new contact, it will save to phone, you have to manually click and change that. Add a new contact right now, you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
That is odd. The app works perfectly fine for me out of the box.

ionide

Reaction score
I just checked, its the first entry, "Contact type" change it from phone to your Google account.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Screwbal

Reaction score
So once u change that if you login to gmail and modify the contact does that get updated on your phone too?

With my iPhone my gmail is setup as an exchange account with contacts set to sync so no matter where I update it local on the phone, my gf's phone or gmail directly they all are consistent. Im still thinking trying to get my head around if this works with the TB/android so I have something else to help try to sell her on and finally ditch at&t :)

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
cpjr >off topic<...how did you root your thunderbolt? i just got mine yesterday and already i miss my permissions!

jlambeth1

Reaction score

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
Thanks so much will attempt

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BGKris

Reaction score
You have to set the contact type to "Google" when you add a contact you want to sync.

The option is at the top.

I just figured that out! lol I was wondering why everytime I flash to a new rom my new contacts don't get pushed over :biggrin:

hesham1

Reaction score
so if you have an existing phone contact that you want to change over to a google contact, is there a way to do it? or do i have to start over with a whole new entry? i cant seem to find it when i try to edit the contact

pjo1966

Reaction score
so if you have an existing phone contact that you want to change over to a google contact, is there a way to do it? or do i have to start over with a whole new entry? i cant seem to find it when i try to edit the contact

Not the best workaround, but on my computer I added a Google Contact with the same name as on my phone. I entered the name and email address, because on the phone the contact only had the phone number. Within seconds I got a notification to link the two contacts. I assume you can create a contact on the computer with just the name and no other info. It should still sync with the phone contact.