Thunderbolt battery lasts ages in strong 4G area

lettuce chief

Reaction score
i live near chicago, and at my home bout 30 miles from the city i get so so 4g coverage. it bounces between 1x, 3g, and 4g. when i do get 4g coverage, i always have 2 bars of service. well i went into the city with 46 percent battery, and i kind of went oh **** the battery isnt gonna last me all bulls game. anyway, i had 4 bars of 4g the whole time, and my battery only went down 3 percent. i was taking pics, facebookin, texting, even made a call at halftime. now on the way home my bars faded from 4 to 3 to eventually 2 again. my phone thedn ied quickly like usual. ive had the same results from other trips to the city, so im pretty sure of the results. D Rose is a monster if i must say

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
i live near chicago, and at my home bout 30 miles from the city i get so so 4g coverage. it bounces between 1x, 3g, and 4g. when i do get 4g coverage, i always have 2 bars of service. well i went into the city with 46 percent battery, and i kind of went oh **** the battery isnt gonna last me all bulls game. anyway, i had 4 bars of 4g the whole time, and my battery only went down 3 percent. i was taking pics, facebookin, texting, even made a call at halftime. now on the way home my bars faded from 4 to 3 to eventually 2 again. my phone thedn ied quickly like usual. ive had the same results from other trips to the city, so im pretty sure of the results. D Rose is a monster if i must say

I am observing the same thing.
If your phone bounces back between 3g/4g; the battery drains quick. But if 4g is on consistently, the battery doesn't drain nearly as quick.
My job is 4g and my home is 3g. the transition between the 2 drains the battery.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Same here....Work Great 4g, Home Great 3g
Glad I'm not in the middle for very long at all....

I see about 14hrs on the battery

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
fwiw, I've pulled 35+ hours on 3G and/or wifi numerous times... so that doesn't surprise me too much - the TB gets a bad rap, imho

It'll be interesting to see how the Charge compares (my guess is it won't be much better) in the weaker 4G areas.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bnb you had a Droid X before right? Just strictly based on your usage, how do the two compare? I'm assuming the X lasted longer, but just curious...

Reaction score
It's gotta be the radio trying harder and harder to suck down the signal as you put more length between you and the strong 4g connection...right?

OP
L

lettuce chief

Reaction score
It's gotta be the radio trying harder and harder to suck down the signal as you put more length between you and the strong 4g connection...right?

only way it searches for a signal is if you have the radio on