Thunderbolt battery fits into a Rezound?

HowardZ

Reaction score
Hi,

I have read that a Rezound battery fits into a Thunderbolt.

Does a Thunderbolt extended battery fit into a Rezound (with rezound extended cover) ?

Howard

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I've read both do fit, but neither works as well as the stock/extended battery.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Rezound isn't compatible with a Thunderbolt stock battery. It'll fit perfectly, but the phone recognizes it is the Thunderbolt battery and gives that exclamation mark picture and it ultimately won't work.

But why would you use a Thunderbolt Battery in a Rezound?

Deron

Reaction score
Hi,

Does a Thunderbolt extended battery fit into a Rezound (with rezound extended cover) ?

Howard

Absolutely. In fact, I am using the Thunderbolt extended battery in my Rezound right now and have been since I got the phone. I got mine from Ebay and it came with extended battery door and Thunderbolt extended battery. It has the same dimensions and capacity as the Rezound extended battery. The battery charge meter reads accurate. I get excellent battery life with it.

The reason someone would use an extended Thunderbolt battery is if they already have the extended back and either want an additional extended battery or need to replace the extended battery but don't want to pay full price for another Rezound extended battery. The Thunderbolt extended battery without back is cheaper.

Sent from HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Thanks Deron,

Yes, Thunderbolt extended batteries cost less.
Some are so cheap that they are probably used batteries.

For example, I purchased two genuine motorola Droid-X batteries for $4 each, manufacture date is last year, and they work fine in my Droid-X. They were probably used, but I don't care as they work ok.

Howard

Deron

Reaction score
Here is my video of the Thunderbolt battery

Here is the link to the video I just shot. Excuse the 90 degree orientation issue, but I was filming on my GF's Droid Razr and that phone always displays the pics and videos 90 degrees off from the orientation you actually shoot at. But obviously I had to use another device to record it since the video is of me putting a battery in my Rezound. :)

Correction: The name of the Thunderbolt is the ADR6400L (those are two "zeros" not the letter "o")

Feel free to make fun of my singing.

[video=youtube;ikSJgbn5D6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSJgbn5D6Y[/video]

Deron

Reaction score
BTW, I just got my Mugen Power "slim extended" 1900 mAh battery from ebay. I am gonna test it verses the original OEM 1640 mAh battery from HTC.

edwinm

Reaction score
BTW, I just got my Mugen Power "slim extended" 1900 mAh battery from ebay. I am gonna test it verses the original OEM 1640 mAh battery from HTC.

Any luck with that battery? I was looking into getting this battery and wanted to know if it was worth it. Right now I have the stock battery and it doesn't get me any more than 8-9 hours in a day of regular use.

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi,

Howard

I wouldn't mess with it.
I bought 2 standard Tbolt batteries and they don't work at all in the Rezound.
Rezound won't recognize them.

Buy the stock Rezound extended battery from Verizon if you can handle the extra bulk. Or get extra normal batteries and an external charger.
I chose bigger battery to save wear and tear on battery door.
It works well but if on the road for a long time I've run low on juice.
Trying out juice defender to see if that helps in those situations.
Of course I could have just thrown the original battery back in if it were an emergency.

B
Loving my rooted bloatfree Rezound!

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
I purchased the Thunderbolt extended battery - and it fit and worked and lasted as long as the Rezound extended battery. So, I now have two working extended batteries - the Rezound ext battery and the Thunderbolt ext battery.

I purchased the Thunderbolt extended battery for about $10 with free shipping.

However, I find I don't like the size, weight, and case/holster - and am going back to using the standard battery.
I ordered a second standard battery to have in my pocket in case it is needed.
I figure two standard batteries should equal one extended battery.
However, I plan to just leave the phone charging while at work.

If some day I have the need to be away from a charger all day long, then I can switch to the extended battery, cover, case, and holster.

Howard

Last edited: