Thunderbolt: Apps that are safe to remove once rooted.

Reaction score
i moved the VVM,apk to my SD but the icon is still in my app drawer, also what do i need to move to get rid of Verizon App ??? please help!

That's visual voicemail, in case you didn't know.

I had to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps, then click "All" tab, and find the program and force close it. You may also want to try a battery pull and reboot to see if that also fixes.

ibuddha

Reaction score
i moved the VVM,apk to my SD but the icon is still in my app drawer, also what do i need to move to get rid of Verizon App ??? please help!

That's visual voicemail, in case you didn't know.

I had to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps, then click "All" tab, and find the program and force close it. You may also want to try a battery pull and reboot to see if that also fixes.

I tried to do what you mentions but I can't find the Visual Voicemail app in the task manager. Also, I'm also trying to get rid of the desk clock icon in my app drawer any know how I can do this? I need to remove both of those damn icons! they are seriously annoying me!!!!

So if any once can help I'd greatly appreciate it! thanks!

Reaction score
I tried to do what you mentions but I can't find the Visual Voicemail app in the task manager. Also, I'm also trying to get rid of the desk clock icon in my app drawer any know how I can do this? I need to remove both of those damn icons! they are seriously annoying me!!!!

Perhaps I misspoke, but the pathway is as follows:

• Settings
  • Applications
  • Manage Applications
  • "All" tab
  • Scroll to bottom (in the "V" section)
  • Locate the Visual Voice Mail, press it.
  • Press "Force Stop"
  • Reboot

If you have nothing there, you may want to use Root Explorer. When your first go into Root Explorer, press the Menu Button and press Search. Type "VVM" and it should show you any files with VVM... there may be a "rouge" VVM apk or odex file. (Of course if you do it this way, you may want to do a ROM backup first just in case you dump a file you shouldn't.

ibuddha

Reaction score

Perhaps I misspoke, but the pathway is as follows:

• Settings
  • Applications
  • Manage Applications
  • "All" tab
  • Scroll to bottom (in the "V" section)
  • Locate the Visual Voice Mail, press it.
  • Press "Force Stop"
  • Reboot
If you have nothing there, you may want to use Root Explorer. When your first go into Root Explorer, press the Menu Button and press Search. Type "VVM" and it should show you any files with VVM... there may be a "rouge" VVM apk or odex file. (Of course if you do it this way, you may want to do a ROM backup first just in case you dump a file you shouldn't.

I did the settings option and this is all i see in the "V" section:
-Verizon Single Sign On Engine
-VPN Services
-VZW Package Installer
-vzwapnpermission

i tried the rootk explorer option and all I get by search "VVM" is all related to the folder on my SD where i moved all the apps i removed from /system/app.

so what can I do?

Any thoughts on how to remove the desk clock?