Thunderbolt annoyances ??

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Sethman29, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bhall238

bhall238 New Member

A minor annoyance, with my OG Droid I could edit or rename my contact categories like for the hospital my mom stayed at I had a "front desk" number and changed one to "patient services". With the Thunderbolt you can't change anything. Mobile, home, work, work fax, home fax, pager, other.
  2. y0manda

y0manda New Member

Speaker volume sucks
    Kick stand needs to be flippped.
    Browser url defaults to http://

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. nyteshayd

nyteshayd New Member

Battery is way better with CPU turned down on screen off and 4g turned off. Rooting truly realizes this phones potential. Hadn't even noticed some of these things till mentioned here...DAMN YOU IGNORANCE !!!

Sent from my rooted TBolt
  4. puffpuffpass

puffpuffpass New Member

I had big issues with the battery life. Also had an issue with 4G but Verizon fixed the 4G network to be more stable. As far as other issues previously explained I have not had those issues.

If you're looking for a good way to increase battery life, there are a few things you can do. Turn down screen brightness and screen time-out, or install Screen Filter. Turn off location services when not being used. Get a task manager that supports auto kill. This part is recommended for experienced users only. Go to Phone and type *#*#4636#*#*. This opens a hidden menu. Go to Phone Information and scroll down to "Set preferred network type:". Originally it will say CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. Change it to say CDMA auto (PRL). This will give 3G instead of 4G but my battery life is much increased by doing this.

Btw juice defender or whatever did not work for me.

Sent from my rooted HTC Thunderbolt
  5. Beardface

Beardface Member

3G is the main problem when you're talking about 3G/4G, and the soon to be released OTA should fix it. The handoff between the two was not good, and they were always fighting with each other. This makes it much more streamlined and gives priority to LTE where available. If you aren't in a 4G area, you will want to do this (though, if you download LTE On/Off in the market, its a lot easier to do) only so that when you're on 3G, the phone isn't always looking for 4G.

As for Task Manager/Killer... thats a complete waste and more of a placebo affect than anything. You kill it, it'll come back. Just because it shows up on the list does not mean its chewing up battery and CPU. The way Android is set up, those apps SHOULD be in memory to allow them to boot up more seamlessly when you choose it.

As for the display settings... As with any Android device, and especially those with large screens, the display will eat up most of the battery. Personally, I have it eating anywhere between 40% and 50% with regular use. Just the name of the game to have a good device. I found that there's really no reason to have Auto Brightness on. It sets it too bright indoors and too dull outside. Its nearly impossible to read it outside anyway, but if you must, maybe use a brightness widget (stock HTC or Beautiful Widgets) and have the dull setting around 25% or so, and just toggle it to be 100% when you step outside.

Hope that helps
  6. KillerKPD

KillerKPD New Member

My annoyances:
    -Did they really have to put the charging port underneath the kick stand??
    -I.dont.need.practice.using.my.punctuation.
    -sometimes the drop down notification window gets weird, sometimes clicking will open messages, and sometimes it just hangs there
    -Screen brightness could be better in daylight. Its great at night.
    -I would love to remove the bloat without having to root

But I still am loving my phone.
  7. FrellingFrakker

FrellingFrakker New Member

I love my TBolt, but I do have a couple of minor annoyances. The first is the bloatware that you can't uninstall (without root). I paid $199 dollars apiece for 2 Thunderbolts plus well over $100 monthly for my plan. I should be able to decide what software is installed on my device.
    My 2nd annoyance is the auto-complete. It's always replacing words with something completely different from what I intended. I always have to carefully re-read my texts and emails before sending.
  8. Andrew C

Andrew C New Member

There's an app for that, its called LTE on/off. Saves you the step of having to dial all of that lol Plus *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work for everyone.

And to add, the best battery saver for me is turning off 4g when not in use. I find when 4g is on, my battery is a waste!
  9. Andrew C

Andrew C New Member

If you root your phone you can get rid of all that annoying bloatware.

Your second annoyance is easily fixed. Go to menu>settings>language & keyboard>touch input>text input and uncheck prediction and word completion.
  10. slinky

slinky New Member

I hate the fact that HTC wants to rip you off with the dock. Bad enough I had to buy an extended battery to get reasonable life. Now they expect me to pay $55-59 for the dock? They are smoking something. Our next phones will be Moto or possibly LG.
  11. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir New Member

I hate the bloatware, but ill fix it eventually.
    It's a bit laggy at times. Not always, but sometimes that causes my messages to go nuts and pull up the wrong conversations or take forever. I suspect the bloatware doesn't help this.
    The lack of a good keyboard. I use SwiftKey for now, even though I prefer everything about the stock keyboard except the size when it's vertical.
    Battery life a little, but that's not a major one.
    Sometimes connectivity isn't great. But 95% of the time, so it's not worth losing 4g over it.
    I can't seem to put on a screen protector 100% perfect. Ahhh!!

I love my thunderbolt though. I forsee myself being happy for at least a year with it. Perfect since that's when i can upgrade again!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.
  12. ILUVULU

ILUVULU New Member

When connected to the Bluetooth, voice recognition does not work. It cannot get the right number from your contacts. If you use the voice dialing app and talk to the phone directly, it never misses. Over the bluetooth, it never gets it right.
  13. Googleaddict

Googleaddict New Member

I only have one annoyance. The weather app constantly shows weather information unavailable for current location even though it updated a few minutes ago. I fixed it by adding Denver to the city list and setting it as the city for the weather flip clock.
  14. stuigi

stuigi Member

I had the same problem with the keyboard sound coming and going. What finally resolved the issue for me was to remove all other downloaded keyboards leaving only the stock one on my phone. Works every time now.

sent from lil' sparky
Search tags for this page

*#*#4636#*#* doesn't work on htc thunderbolt

*#*#4636#*#* doesnt work on htc thunderbolt

*#*#4636#*#* htc tb
droid thunderbolt keyboard puts periods after words
htc thunderbolt *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work
htc thunderbolt text message autocomplete turn off
i cant dail the *#*#4636#*#* on my thunderbolt
keyboard doesnt work sometimes thunderbolt htc
why doesn't *#*#4636#*#* work on my htc thunderbolt?
why is my htc thunderstruck going so slow