thunderbird emails

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
So they made it more like the G Mail app.? That's cool.
I guess... Lol I don't actually know. I have the Gmail app set up, and only use it for the push notifications to remind me when I have an assignment due. Other than that I use K-9 Mail

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use T bird on computer & samsung tablet(where I can delete all at once) so I hope with "lollipop" they'll get back to tp the way it was

thanks all appreciate your efforts to solve the problem help:)

Have you tried what iiWoodstocK mentioned yesterday? In the Email app what happens when you long-press a message? Do you then see options at the top or bottom of the screen for Delete, Move, etc? If so, can you then single tap other messages to select more than one at a time? That's how you select & delete multiple messages in the G Mail app and your stock Email app may have similar functionality.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
thanks all
I'll just keep it as it is & hope that they put it back the way it originally was..... click all & they were gone
some times they think they're improving thing and they only foul it up
don't they know if it "ain't broke don't fix it" :mad:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't ever remember having a SELECT ALL option in the stock email app on any phone.
Sajo, the Moto Email app hasn't changed much from previous generations.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
These are the options I was referring to: Droid Maxx Email app, Trash Folder > Menu > Select All. Then there are options at the bottom for Delete, Move, Flag, etc. The same options are available in the Inbox folder also, I just grabbed a screenshot from my Trash Folder. I have had these same options on my Droid Maxx, Droid RAZR M, Droid Bionic, Droid 3. But if the Turbo Email app looks more like the Moto X Email app then I think a long press opens these settings and not a 3 dot menu button.

Screenshot_2015-04-06-08-38-32.png

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
email.jpg

Yea, we don't even have buttons on the bottom...

/edit/ Erp, sorry for the gigantic picture...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What about when you long press a message? Are there options at the top or bottom then? That does look more like the stock Email app on my wife's Moto X and less like previous Droids. I'm at work now but think she has delete, move, etc buttons once a message is long pressed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool. Thanks. That's kind of what I figured. So there are ways to delete multiple messages at once. Its just different from previous Droids.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
lucky U...doesn't work in Turbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
lucky U...doesn't work in Turbo

There is no SELECT ALL option on the Turbo. I thought that's what we were discussing. Selecting Multiple emails manually works just fine. I do it ALL the time. Select a screen worth> DELETE....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is no SELECT ALL option on the Turbo. I thought that's what we were discussing. Selecting Multiple emails manually works just fine. I do it ALL the time. Select a screen worth> DELETE....

The very first post asked how to select multiple messages at once. Then it kind of morphed into that and a Delete All discussion. I was just trying to help answer how to select more than one e-mail at a time.

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
from what I have been reading you cannot delete more than one email at a time on the Turbo